We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Arrival at Melbourne at Terminal One.

Which Melbourne hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
209 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Arrival at Melbourne at Terminal One.

Hi there,

I am planning to take either SkyBus or StarBus to VICTORIA HOTEL

215 Little Collins St. Any recommendation which service is better as i might even book my return to International airport in 3 days time.

I would also want to know how long each services will take .

Thank you.

rural West Aussie
Destination Expert
for Perth
Level Contributor
20,707 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Arrival at Melbourne at Terminal One.

Starbus has a dreadful reputation here on TripAdvisor- do a search to see what others have said.

I've always taken Skybus with no hassles (as has my DD's partner who is a FIFO worker and uses it every two weeks). They depart every ten minutes and it takes 20-30 minute to get into the Spencer St Station depending on traffic.

Then you transfer to a hotel shuttle service (included in the price of the Skybus ticket). Victoria Hotel is on the list of hotels they drop off at. No idea how long it takes, but it's not that far from the station, so I wouldn't think it would take long, unless you were on the wrong end of a loop.

Wangaratta...
Destination Expert
for Kota Kinabalu, Wangaratta, Sandakan
Level Contributor
7,832 posts
142 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Arrival at Melbourne at Terminal One.

Skybus. They are very good and will shuttle you to your hotel. Whole trip should take around 45 minutes.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
29,995 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Arrival at Melbourne at Terminal One.

Skybus shuttle from hotels, require 24 hours notice.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
209 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Arrival at Melbourne at Terminal One.

Sky bus reply me that I have to call them .do they have counter there

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
209 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Arrival at Melbourne at Terminal One.

Now my hotel changed to isbis Melbourne. Any problems you think

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
29,995 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Arrival at Melbourne at Terminal One.

Inform the Hotel concierge that you require the Skybus., though if there is two or three in your party, a taxi hotel to the airport is more convenient, fare about AU$.50.00

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Bargain Travel, Food and Travel
Level Contributor
24,540 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Arrival at Melbourne at Terminal One.

>>>Now my hotel changed to isbis Melbourne. Any problems you think<<<

I personally think the Ibis is a 'safer' choice. Although The Victoria is in a great location, their rooms are hit and miss - especially their previous smoking floor rooms.

Sydney/Melbourne
Level Contributor
17,925 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Arrival at Melbourne at Terminal One.

When are you arriving?

Although the Skybus airport service runs 24/7, the hotel shuttle does not. I think it stops at about 9 pm on week days and 5:30 pm on weekends. Check the Skybus website.

Another shuttle service which we have been happy with in the past is YHA shuttles. They take you directly between hotel and airport with no change of bus but although we have had excellent service, their reviews are mixed and others haven't been so lucky.

And KVE is spot on about the Victoria. Some rooms are so small their ensuites are the size of converted wardrobes.

Edited: 16 July 2013, 06:12
Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
209 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Arrival at Melbourne at Terminal One.

Hi bigw,

You said they are good and i really needed service door to door. My Hotel now is Ibis Melbourne.at Little Bourke Street, I sent an email and they said call them. Do you normally call them for pickup or they are at Terminal 1 receiving guest. I need both way returned to airport. Do i have to call them again for pickup even i paid them already. Are they reliable?

Let me how they pick you up?

Thanks.

Sydney/Melbourne
Level Contributor
17,925 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Arrival at Melbourne at Terminal One.

Skybus, as recommended by bigw, is like a public transport bus. They leave the airport every 20 minutes. When you get to Southern X station, you are transferred to a smaller bus that does the hotel shuttle service. How long it takes depends on how many people there are and which hotels they are going to. Could be 10 minutes or it could be 45 minutes.

If you want a hotel pickup when you leave, then your hotel will call them for you. But, as I said in my earlier post, you should check their operating times on the Skybus website.