I am in the process of planning my Melbourne + days trips in this October. Have been reading tripadvisor forum, hwz forum, other forum and few websites, but not yet book any air ticket or accommodation (still got 2 more months, should be on time right?). Here’s my enquiries, would appreciate if you all can help to answer. Thanks so much! :)
Will make it a 7days trip… Day trip to Philip Island, Day trip to Great Ocean Road, Day trip to Mornington Peninsula
(not going for puffing billy, etc)
1) I have shortlisted the places that I wish to go or visit for the other 4 days, how to plan my itineraries so that it will not become too tourist thing, yet have a bit of local feel? I know many pple will say 2 days are enough, but I have always wanted to go Australia since years ago, so many places i wish to go and also hope to take it in a slow pace.
- See see look look / walk walk
(QVM, Brighton Beach, Acland Street, Chinatown, South Melbourne Market, Fitzroy Gardens, The Shrine of Remembrance, Royal Botanic Gardens, Eureka Tower, Paris end of Collin St, State Library of Victoria, Block Arcade, Yarra River, Healesville Sanctuary, Fed Square (to book day tours) and Flinders Street Station (for live entertainment).
Will take the free tram and shuttle buses for some of the places.
2) How does Myki functions? Still got differentiate zone 1 & 2? I know it is not as user-friendly as Metcard.
3) Anyone stay in Park Avenue Accommodation Group (Melbourne City Serviced Apartment), this apartment location seems good and got promotion price, but cannot find any review online. Not interested in other hotels that forums recommended, because I read their reviews not that good.
4) Any festival / event in October? Is it the peak period?
5) After clear customs, which way should we go to buy the skybus tickets? We have 3 persons, so I think skybus is cheaper than taking taxi, correct me if I am wrong.
6) Which supermarket to go in the CBD area? I like going their supermarket when traveling, got a lot of local foods stuffs to buy!
7) Helicopter ride how much? If I remember correctly, it’s around 5-10mins only, quite ex, but don’t know the exact amount.
8) Need to pre-book the day tours? Scared no vacancy if book when I reached Melbourne itself.
9) Which market to go if only can choose 2? All seems good. QVM, South Melbourne or Pranhan?
10) If wanted to get close to kangaroo & take photo with koala bear, which place to go? Wilson Prom or Healesville Sancturay?
11) Mornington Peninsula (Lavender garden) already bloom in October? Wish to see lavender!
12) I saw on the TV, got people take horse-carriage, anyone can provide more information or try before?
Sorry for asking so many questions and thanks for the patience for spending the time to provide your help. Your help is greatly appreciated! ^.^