We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel Sophie or Ibis hotel

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
308 posts
81 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel Sophie or Ibis hotel

Looking for a clean budget hotel for seven night late February in Melbourne CBD. I have come across these two and they suit our budget. I have looked at reviews for both and they are mixed. Has anyone stayed at either or can recommend done for us. Thanks

Sydney/Melbourne
Level Contributor
18,132 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel Sophie or Ibis hotel

I presume you are referring to the Sophia Hotel?

I've not had experience with either but purely from a location point of view I'd be staying at the Ibis. It's more central, very close to the Queen Victoria Markets and close to tramlines.

The Hotel Sophia is in a somewhat seedier part of the city and King St is where all the nightclubs, 'gentlemens clubs' and bars are. That may or may not appeal to you. It's also further from the shopping area of Melbourne than the Ibis.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
308 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel Sophie or Ibis hotel

Yes sorry you are right it is the Sophia . We want somewhere that we can get to things east as we will not have a car.

Docklands Melbourne
Level Contributor
144 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel Sophie or Ibis hotel

Several of my customers have stayed at the Ibis, .....all good reports, & close to everything

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
308 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel Sophie or Ibis hotel

I have been looking at different sights and can get the Ibis for quite a good price. Is this the one on Elizabeth street ?

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
308 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel Sophie or Ibis hotel

What about The Great Southern Melbourne they there is a special on with them is this hotel any good.

Hervey Bay...
Level Contributor
3,751 posts
403 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel Sophie or Ibis hotel

As a google search will reveal, the Ibis is just off Elizabeth Street near Victroia Street. There is a tram stop about a 2 minute walk away on Elizabeth Street in front of the Vic Market or about a 5 minute walk away on Swanston Street.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
308 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotel Sophie or Ibis hotel

Think we will book Ibis thanks for your help .

8. Re: Hotel Sophie or Ibis hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 October 2014, 06:19