We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

things to see in melbourne

Which Melbourne hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Mumbai (Bombay...
10 posts
Save Topic
things to see in melbourne

i am travelling to melbourne with family. what are must do in melbourne.

can i finish philip island and 12 apostles in 1 day or its better to break philip island on 1 day and great ocean road on another day.

we are staying for 4 nights 5 days

how is the helicopter trip on 12 apostles. we are staying at southbank. please suggest us restaurants around. how is that tram restaurant. we eat chicken and veggies only.

please give us all suggestions you can and things we need to keep in mind.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: things to see in melbourne

Are you planning a road trip. They are about 300+ kms apart. I would split them into two trips.

Gungahlin, Australia
Destination Expert
for Canberra
Level Contributor
14,310 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: things to see in melbourne

Why have you started another thread that covers things that have already been partly discussed? Why have you not read the replies on the other thread and followed up suggestions? Why have you not included relevant details in this thread such as using tours/public transport rather than a self-driving, or limiting the amount of walking? Why have you not utilised the generous assistance you got on your other thread to make a proper draft itinerary for comment? If you started a new thread for discussion of your draft itinerary that might be understandable, but this new query has less information than we ended up with on the other thread and clearly indicates you did not take in the information you were given last time (GOR and PI in ONE day?).

Mumbai (Bombay...
10 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: things to see in melbourne

thank you. i will split them. i just had my itinerary done.

day 1 city tour either by the visitor bus or visitor tram

day 2 philip island

day 3 great ocean road.

i want to know if that tram restaurant is A must do?

can you suggest travel companies who would take us to one day trips to Philip island and 12 apostles?

sydney
Destination Expert
for Cambodia
Level Contributor
17,253 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: things to see in melbourne

you can easily find info about companies that do these day trips .... either by using google or by utilising the excellent search facility here on TA - the search box is directly above your post and you input key words or phrases - you will then get access to every post on that topic - you may have to read through a few to find exactly what you are after but do remember members here will help you but we will not do your research for you

Auckland
Level Contributor
23 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: things to see in melbourne

Rude much?

Gungahlin, Australia
Destination Expert
for Canberra
Level Contributor
14,310 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: things to see in melbourne

I know foohan2001, we try so hard to discern the needs and provide the help and then our efforts are ignored, much rude indeed :-(

7. Re: things to see in melbourne

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 December 2014, 05:17