We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi or Skybus???

Which Melbourne hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
29 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Taxi or Skybus???

Hi everyone!

I will arrive on Monday 11th March for the F1 (cant wait) my flight arrives at 10.30pm...

My thought is that it will take me me no less than 1 hour to get from the plane to the taxi or bus options, and this is where I need your advice please.

The hotel is on Flinders Street, CBD; so do I take the SkyBus or a Taxi? oh and I am travelling without my wife and meeting up with my mates at the hotel who are travelling in from NZ and elswhere for good times!

Your suggestions please...

Melbourne
Destination Expert
for Melbourne
Level Contributor
5,148 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
31. Re: Taxi or Skybus???

Agree. That time of night and 3 people, definately a taxi is cheaper.

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
29 posts
1 review
Save Reply
32. Re: Taxi or Skybus???

Thanks for all the comments- It's simple really...

I am travelling alone.

I arrive, assuming no delays 10.30pm with approx 1 hour to get through the airport.

Do I take SkyBus which has no connection from Southern Cross to my hotel- Rendezvous on Flinders St. can I walk in relative safety at this time very late evening/early morning- I understand that there is a Strip Club on this road i would need to pass...

Do I take a taxi direct from Airport to hotel

SkyBus is $18

Taxi I think $75- perhaps someone could confirm this?

thanks again

Melbourne
Destination Expert
for Melbourne
Level Contributor
5,148 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
33. Re: Taxi or Skybus???

I would be very surprised if your taxi fare cost $75. Closer to $60 would be more like it. Yes, I would recommend you take taxi straight from airport to your hotel.

adelaide
Level Contributor
1,670 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
34. Re: Taxi or Skybus???

anyone know if the strip club is worth going to

Melbourne
Destination Expert
for Melbourne
Level Contributor
5,148 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
35. Re: Taxi or Skybus???

The "Strip Club" that is referred to is located in the King Street precinct. King Street is well known for it's clubs, pubs and strip clubs. There is more than just 1 club. The main areas of King Street where these clubs are, are between Bourke and Flinders Streets. Are they worth going to? I have no idea........I've never been.

Melbourne...
Level Contributor
78 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
36. Re: Taxi or Skybus???

It depends on your finances and also how tired you are. For door to door convenience at a cost of $55-$70, then I would take the taxi. If you're on a budget and are confident enough to get from the station to your hotel then the skybus will work. Incidently, you're enjoyment of strip clubs mentioned above also depends on your budget..........

On a serious note, I've never felt unsafe in the Melbourne CBD, even in the early hours. However you are in a big city and walking up King st after midnight, with luggage might not be the best idea. Try walking up Flinders street instead.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2,089 posts
250 reviews
Save Reply
37. Re: Taxi or Skybus???

Its the dark lanes and Alleyways that are the spots to be aware of in the King Street area.

Tourists and travellers stand out from locals because of the clothes they wear blend in with the locals very casual

38. Re: Taxi or Skybus???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 January 2015, 05:17