We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Melbourne Airport Short Term Carparking fees

Which Melbourne hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
29 posts
Save Topic
Melbourne Airport Short Term Carparking fees

Anyone know how the charging works for 1 hour in short term car park. Airport website says 30 - 60 mins $14, 1 - 2hrs $24 but when you type in 1 hr on 'Book now for best online deal' the cost for 1 hour is $56. I'm not going to pay $56 for the hour but would be willing to pay $14, it is listed as only $6 for under 30mins. I had planned to park to pick up passenger as bit unsure where they will come out of airport and figured it would be less stressful than trying to find them in the 1 min pickup area.

Edited: 10 February 2014, 01:17
Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
181 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Melbourne Airport Short Term Carparking fees

Do what I do ,wait near Mickelham road shops and get them to call you when they have arrived,so instead of you waiting for them they can wait for you in the 2min pick up area

Melbourne
Destination Expert
for Melbourne
Level Contributor
5,050 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Melbourne Airport Short Term Carparking fees

You don't need to pay anything if you park in the "ring and ride" area of the airport. You have up to 20 minutes free parking, or $2 for 40 minutes, or $4 for 60 minutes. Just park there and get your visitor to ring you when they come out. I use it all the time.

melbourneairport.com.au/to-from-the-airport/…

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
181 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Melbourne Airport Short Term Carparking fees

Mickelham rd is 5 mins from airport pick up has shops if thirsty or hungry has trees for shade.The last time I used the ring and ride the plane was delayed for 1hour and there is no shade there.Why pay when you dont have to,if you dont know the airport one wrong turn and its a pain trying to find the correct way.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
854 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Melbourne Airport Short Term Carparking fees

You can also park on Melrose Drive, Tullamarine. This road takes you into the airport just south of the freeway. Also has shops for refreshments. Take the exit from the freeway at Airport West directly onto Melrose Drive.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
29 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Melbourne Airport Short Term Carparking fees

Thanks all for the good suggestions.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2,089 posts
249 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Melbourne Airport Short Term Carparking fees

excellent advice.

helpful for all us locals and travellers but we can use this .

7. Re: Melbourne Airport Short Term Carparking fees

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 February 2015, 06:19