We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel Itinerary March-April

Which Melbourne hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Singapore, Singapore
2 posts
Save Topic
Travel Itinerary March-April

Hi,

We are going Melbourne for 7 days and have planned the following itinerary.

Day 1- Melbourne CBD, check in and get around with the free city tram

Day 2- StKilda area (any other suggestions?)

Day 3 - will be renting car and drive up to Healsville

Day 4- drive up to GOR. Will drive till Port Campbell and then drive back stay a night at Apollo Bay.

Day 5- drive back to Melbourne along GOR

Day 6- Mornington Pennisula

Day 7- go airport

Any advise on the plan and any recommendation to stay for Day 5 and 6 as we would like to stay in another town instead of in CBD.

Hanoi, Vietnam
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Travel Itinerary March-April

in st kilda i would reccomend a walk down fitzotry and acland street as that is where the cafes and bars are and the vibe is really cool also i would reccomend sitting on the beach and watch the kite surfers (depending on the weather) as for day 5 and day 6 i would go down to lorne on the great ocean road

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Melbourne
Level Contributor
2,042 posts
189 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Travel Itinerary March-April

What are your interests in the Mornington Pennisula area as you have already covered the GOR / beach side experience. Are you driving to Healesville for the sanctuary or are you going to the winery region?

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
1,912 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Travel Itinerary March-April

there are some lovely gardens to see up in the yarra valley near healseville...I would combine the mornington pepeninsula with or after the healseville day as its easier access.. it can take hours of driving each way to get to mornington in lots of traffic....there is no point going there unless there is something in particular you want to see....I find it rather boring, with not much to do there.

4. Re: Travel Itinerary March-April

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 April 2015, 05:15