We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Yarra Valley Wine tour

Which Melbourne hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Palo Alto...
Level Contributor
27 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Yarra Valley Wine tour

Which Yarra Valley wine tours are recommended in late June?

Eaton, Australia
Destination Expert
for Broome, Bunbury
Level Contributor
21,005 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Yarra Valley Wine tour

We've only been on the tour below and it was one of the best days out, we've had in Melbourne.

We would gladly go again ~

http://www.yarravalleywinerytours.com.au/

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
451 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Yarra Valley Wine tour

June is pretty much peak of winter. According to our guide, during bad weather, the surrounding hills would be snowed under. The wineries around would still be open albeit with shorter opening hours. It would be very cold so be prepared.

The tour company as mentioned above is very good and I can personally vouch for them. Went on a tour with them just a few days ago.

3. Re: Yarra Valley Wine tour

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 29 April 2014, 08:35
Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
536 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Yarra Valley Wine tour

At the top of this page click on "Things to do" on the Menu Bar

Then click on the tab "Activities" above the heading "Things to Do"

Then click on the button "Food and Drink"

you will then see reviews of the various wine tours

I wonder whether the first time post from morepinotplease of Healesville breaches TA's self-advertising guidelines?

Queensland...
Level Contributor
132 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Yarra Valley Wine tour

My AVG virus checker picks up a virus threat on the Yarra Valley Wine tour site. Not sure how accurate this is, but it suggests the site may have been hacked.

Eaton, Australia
Destination Expert
for Broome, Bunbury
Level Contributor
21,005 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Yarra Valley Wine tour

Thanks pealBrisbane...I too now have a (?) alongside of the link.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
451 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Yarra Valley Wine tour

Correction to my post above:

It seems I mistaken the link for the company I went with. The following link is the company I was referring to.

www.yarravalleywinetastingtours.com.au/

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Melbourne, Victoria, Road Trips
Level Contributor
4,512 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Yarra Valley Wine tour

Just to clarify a couple of points made in post #2 as I think the guide might have exaggerated a little. June isn't the peak of winter in Victoria, late July/early August is usually the coldest time. June does have the shortest daylight hours though, it's dark by 5pm.

Also, it rarely snows at lower elevations in Victoria, & if it does, the snow melts pretty quickly. I just don't want anyone thinking that they will see snow in the Yarra Valley in June. There might be snow at Lake Mountain, but that would be more likely in July & August.

9. Re: Yarra Valley Wine tour

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 May 2015, 05:16