We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Melbourne CBD Hotel with big shower

Perth, Western...
Level Contributor
14 posts
32 reviews
Save Topic
Melbourne CBD Hotel with big shower

Hi all,

I'm looking for a hotel in the CBD with a decent sized shower - not a showerbath - preferably with a door. I'm sure this sounds fussy but I absolutely hate showerbaths and doorless showers where the water goes everywhere! I've spent a couple of days researching but it seems to be a rare thing.

My budget is maybe $300 per night, looking for something central and possibly with views :)

Thanks in advance!

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Bargain Travel, Food and Travel
Level Contributor
26,333 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Melbourne CBD Hotel with big shower

Hi

The three biggest rain showers in Melbourne are the InterCon, The Westin and Grand Hyatt. There are numerous others, that are double showers, but aren't rain showers, or are 'open' cubicles. I've heard the showers at Hotel Lindrum is quite nice also.

Depending on the dates of your travel (especially winter), $300/night should be close to the right budget.

Perth, Western...
Level Contributor
14 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Melbourne CBD Hotel with big shower

Thanks for the response KVE1005, we'll be heading there next month and it looks like our budget won't be too restrictive.

Thanks for the suggestions :)

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Bargain Travel, Food and Travel
Level Contributor
26,333 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Melbourne CBD Hotel with big shower

Absolute pleasure Sarah.

Once you narrowed down your choices and the comparative rates, maybe you could come back here, so the locals can give you feedback on the pros and cons of your choice. But you really can't go too far wrong with those hotels.

Have a great time

Melbourne
Level Contributor
389 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Melbourne CBD Hotel with big shower

Definitely the Westin. Like you, I'm obsessed by 'good' showers.

Someone suggested Hotel Lindrum. I've stayed there and it was shower over bath *grimace*

Edited: 18 May 2014, 02:01
5. Re: Melbourne CBD Hotel with big shower

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 May 2015, 05:16