We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Novotel Melbourne On Collins : Standard Room 2 Double Beds

Kuala Lumpur
3 posts
Save Topic
Novotel Melbourne On Collins : Standard Room 2 Double Beds

Planning for a 7D6N family holiday trip to Melbourne in coming August and is considering hotel booking at Novotel Melbourne On Collins. The hotel website allows its Standard Rooms with 2 Double Beds to accommodate 2 adults and 2 children. My family consists of 2 Asian adults with 2 kids aged 10 and 11. Wonder whether it can comfortably accommodate my family of 4 or not ?

(Basically we do not plan to spend long hours in the room as we will be exploring Melbourne as much as possible during our trip).

Best Seller
Great Ocean Road Small-Group Eco-Tour...
1,349 reviews
from US$105.20*
Best Seller
Phillip Island Tour from Melbourne
589 reviews
from US$133.60*
Best Seller
Yarra Valley Wine and Winery Tour...
724 reviews
from US$105.20*
Phillip Island Brighton Beach...
417 reviews
from US$105.20*
Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
1,534 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Novotel Melbourne On Collins : Standard Room 2 Double Beds

Hi Jason, are you asking about the size of the room or the beds? 2 Double beds would mean that your two children would have to sleep together (unless there was a couch or the option for a rollaway bed). Surely there are other hotels in Melb that offer 1x DB + 2 x SB? You might want to try wotif.com as they show the bedding configurations.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
1,534 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Novotel Melbourne On Collins : Standard Room 2 Double Beds

I did a quick search on wotif and found a 2BR for $225 in August . I would think that you should be able to get an even better bargain as August is Winter so it's off peak. www.wotif.com

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Bargain Travel, Food and Travel
Level Contributor
26,119 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Novotel Melbourne On Collins : Standard Room 2 Double Beds

I absolutely agree with Peter.

Whilst the location of the Novotel cannot be beaten, a 6 night stay in a Twin with a family of four, wouldn't be practical. Especially as pointed out by Peter, that it's winter and there are so many properties at great rates. I'd particularly focus on apartments

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Perth, Antarctic Adventures
Level Contributor
15,583 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Novotel Melbourne On Collins : Standard Room 2 Double Beds

Apartments are much more practical for a family. Most have multiple bedrooms and a mix of double and single beds and also kitchen and laundry which saves packing extra clothes and saves money being able to self cater.

I have used these ones and several friends have on recent visits. Good locations and deals.

http://www.shortstay.com.au/

5. Re: Novotel Melbourne On Collins : Standard Room 2 Double Beds

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 May 2015, 09:17