We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Drivenow

Brisbane, Australia
3 posts
Save Topic
Drivenow

Has anyone had arrived to pick up their car and had to pay an extra 25% as i had to after pre booking with Drivenow?

Darwin, Australia
Destination Expert
for Darwin
Level Contributor
4,600 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Drivenow

No but I always book directly with the car hire company, less surprises that way.

Singapore, null...
Level Contributor
29 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Drivenow

What does that extra 25% say? I just booked from drivenow. If it's really 25% more I'll cancel it.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Perth, Antarctic Adventures
Level Contributor
16,183 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Drivenow

Why are you bothering with 3rd party booking agents ? Why not just go direct to the company ?

Brisbane, Australia
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Drivenow

I will from now on

Brisbane, Australia
3 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Drivenow

Not easy to get another vehicle on a long weekend in Darwin when you have just flown in. You pay the extra.

Melbourne
Destination Expert
for Melbourne
Level Contributor
5,981 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Drivenow

Sorry, but I'm confused by your post. You have posted on the Melbourne forum but have just arrived in Darwin? You say pre-booking in your initial post, but then say " Not easy to get another vehicle on a long weekend in Darwin when you have just flown in." To me, pre-booking means in the future, not now. Also, you have arrived mid week, not a weekend.

Glenlyon, Australia
Level Contributor
4,180 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Drivenow

" anyone had arrived to pick up their car and " This would denote past tense (english grammar) meaning the question is by the OP who is asking others given he must have just encountered it himself (one must therefore assume last weekend).

" 25% as i had to after pre booking with Drivenow? " Would also mean that the vehicle HAD been prebooked and the 25% issue arose when they arrived to pick up said car.

" Not easy to get another vehicle on a long weekend in Darwin when you have just flown in. You pay the extra." Would appear to be a comment in response to PerfectlyPerth - why book direct (which is not a question anyway its a smart answer by saying " I never book direct...why are you' And again if the OP had arrived on a Friday in Darwin, as his first post is alluding to past tense, then yes it can be hard to walk out of one place and get a walk up cheap rate (and more so if your carrying luggage).

All quite simple really - if we slow down and read the comments.

Sydney, Australia
1 post
Save Reply
8. Re: Drivenow

l have booked with Drivenow 4 times over the last year, each time l have noticed their prices are cheaper than if you go directly. Not sure how they do it, but l'm not complaining as l have saved approx $20 per booking.

l haven't experienced any additional charges, the price was exactly the same as quoted.

9. Re: Drivenow

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 December 2015, 06:16