We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Great ocean Road and Uluru combined trip in 7 days??????

Baltimore, Maryland
Level Contributor
27 posts
Save Topic
Great ocean Road and Uluru combined trip in 7 days??????

Would it be reasonable to fly to Melbourne from Sydney 10/31 evening ( where we will have been for a week conference) spend a few days on the Great ocean road 11/1- 11/4 then fly to Ayers Rock from Melbourne 11/5 in the morning spend that morning and the next day at Uluru flying back to Sydney on 11/7 for more conference. We thought we could do the Great Barrier Reef area after the conference when we have 4 1/2 more days.

Mentioned in this post
Melbourne
Melbourne
Victoria, Australia
Sydney
Sydney
New South Wales, Australia
Darwin, Australia
Destination Expert
for Darwin
Level Contributor
4,611 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Great ocean Road and Uluru combined trip in 7 days??????

Yes that sounds possible - a little rushed but not too much so. Keep in mind that there are no direct flights from Melbourne to Uluru (I think - happy to be corrected if I am wrong) so you will need to fly via Alice Springs which will take up most of the day. But as you have the whole day on 6 November to spend at Uluru this is still doable.

Enjoy

Mentioned in this post
Melbourne
Melbourne
Victoria, Australia
Sydney/Melbourne
Level Contributor
18,132 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Great ocean Road and Uluru combined trip in 7 days??????

Actually, Jetstar do have direct MEL-AYQ flights. On the 5th November, it's a 9:30 am departure, arriving at Uluru at 11:20 am. It's selling at $169 (with no checked luggage) at the moment which sounds like a good deal to me.

It's a rush trip and you won't get to see much of the surrounding country but perfectly doable.

Mentioned in this post
Melbourne Airport
Melbourne Airport
Tullamarine, Australia
Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Business Travel, New South Wales
Level Contributor
30,747 posts
1,764 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Great ocean Road and Uluru combined trip in 7 days??????

as mentioned by emel - Jetstar Airlines commenced four times weekly return service between Melbourne and Ayers Rock Airport (Uluru) from 29 June 2014.

Your itinerary is doable as u don't need too much time in Uluru. For additional info on Uluru -

tripadvisor.com/GoListDetail-i17672-Uluru_Ng…

Edited: 25 June 2014, 06:07
Mentioned in this post
Melbourne
Melbourne
Victoria, Australia
Baltimore, Maryland
Level Contributor
27 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Great ocean Road and Uluru combined trip in 7 days??????

My other thought would be to spend 1 segment 4.5 days at Uluru and the surrounding area. And the 7 day stretch we have in the GBR area, Would that be more reasonable. I think this will be our only trip to Austalia. In addition we have a week in Sydney for my conference with a free day and evenings fo see sights there. My husband wil also have 3 days free on hi own during the conference time..

Mentioned in this post
Sydney
Sydney
New South Wales, Australia
Jervis Bay...
Level Contributor
2,474 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Great ocean Road and Uluru combined trip in 7 days??????

First option is better you don't need 7 nights on the Great Ocean rd.

Baltimore, Maryland
Level Contributor
27 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Great ocean Road and Uluru combined trip in 7 days??????

The 7 nights would be Great Barrier Reef and rainforest area not GOR, It would mean we would miss the GOR altogether.

Jervis Bay...
Level Contributor
2,474 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Great ocean Road and Uluru combined trip in 7 days??????

I loved the great ocean road. Two days is enough to see it fairly well. The Avalon airport is closest to the GOR.

Then a day in Ularu. Then 4 days GBR would be fine.

Edited: 25 June 2014, 21:19
Mentioned in this post
Avalon Airport
Avalon Airport
Geelong, Australia
8. Re: Great ocean Road and Uluru combined trip in 7 days??????

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 June 2015, 06:17