We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Apartment with outdoor pool Melbourne CBD/Colonial Tram Car

Which Melbourne hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
51 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Apartment with outdoor pool Melbourne CBD/Colonial Tram Car

Hi, we are planning a short break to Melbourne over Christmas and would really like to stay in an Apartment that has an outdoor pool. I have spent quite a lot of time looking myself but am yet to discover one.

Also the plan is that we will have Christmas Lunch on the Colonial Tramcar, we being myself, my 23 year old daughter and my 91 year old (able bodied) mum. This is the first time we have been away from home for Christmas but my mum really wanted to do something totally different. The Christmas lunch is $195 which I don't think is too bad for two and a half hours and (I think) 5 courses and all drinks. Any opinions on the restaurant itself?

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Bargain Travel, Food and Travel
Level Contributor
24,386 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Apartment with outdoor pool Melbourne CBD/Colonial Tram Car

Hello,

Apartments with outdoor pools;

Oaks on Collins

Art Series Olsen

Quest Gordon Place

Mantra on Jolimont

Docklands Prestige

ACD Apartments Docklands

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
367 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Apartment with outdoor pool Melbourne CBD/Colonial Tram Car

We had Christmas lunch on the Tramcar Restaurant last year. We had a great time and I thought it was great value compared to other Christmas lunches we've been to. All drinks are included. My gin and tonic was never empty. The staff were very friendly and even appeared to be happy working on Christmas day.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
51 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Apartment with outdoor pool Melbourne CBD/Colonial Tram Car

Great to hear feedback about the Tramcar restaurant :) and thank you for the info on apartments with pools, I'll check them out now.

Shepparton...
Level Contributor
202 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Apartment with outdoor pool Melbourne CBD/Colonial Tram Car

Had a couple of meals on the Colonial Tram car (not for Christmas though) - great food, great service and I'd rate it as one of the more unique dining experiences you can get. Absolutely recommend it.

Have a great time

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Perth, Antarctic Adventures
Level Contributor
14,137 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Apartment with outdoor pool Melbourne CBD/Colonial Tram Car

The Shortstay apartments in Southbank have pools and one is located directly across the road from where the dinner tram departs from.

Melbourne
Level Contributor
7 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Apartment with outdoor pool Melbourne CBD/Colonial Tram Car

I haven't had the Christmas lunch on it but I found the tramcar to be a great restaurant-the food was great (taste and appearance) and the whole experience was great. I definitely recommend it.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
51 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Apartment with outdoor pool Melbourne CBD/Colonial Tram Car

So I've booked us on the tram for Christmas Day and will now check out all of the accommodation suggestions, thanks everyone.

8. Re: Apartment with outdoor pool Melbourne CBD/Colonial Tram Car

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 August 2015, 05:15