We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

A day trip to SouthEast

Queensland
6 posts
1 review
Save Topic
A day trip to SouthEast

Hi

I am going a day trip from Melbourne CBD - St Kilda - Brighton beach - Dandenong - Lake Mountain - CBD

Anything is a must do along the trip at those places mentioned above ? and Where else should I go in the south east ? (except phillip island)

Thanks

Regards

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2,467 posts
282 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: A day trip to SouthEast

Not sure why Dandenong would feature on your list but if you do go, there are a couple of nice Afghan restaurants (side by side on Thomas Street, one is called Sahar but I forget the name of the other one) serving charcoal grilled Lamb & Chicken with salad, sauce & fresh warm bread for $14...

Perhaps you mean Mount Dandenong?

Sydney/Melbourne
Level Contributor
18,132 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: A day trip to SouthEast

As robot mentioned, the Dandenong Ranges are in a completely different place to Dandenong. Dandenong Is a largish, fairly ordinary suburb of Melbourne with little of interest for a tourist. Many people get the two mixed up. I imagine if your GPS took you there you might wonder what all the fuss was about.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Melbourne, Victoria, Road Trips
Level Contributor
4,582 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: A day trip to SouthEast

The Dandenong Ranges & Lake Mountain are east of Melbourne & it will be a very long day if you want to include all the places on your list. What do you want to do at Lake Mountain? It's a couple of hours drive from the CBD, so it's a day trip in itself. You will be driving through the Yarra Valley though, so if there's places you want to see there, you can include them on this day.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
1,534 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: A day trip to SouthEast

A day trip to Lake Mountain is a full day already and there is too much on your list. When are you coming though?

Queensland
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: A day trip to SouthEast

Thanks peeps!

Sorry for the confusion. Yes, I mean Mount Dandenong.

My plan to Lake Mountain is just for snow sight-seeing. Then I think I would need to remove Lake Mountain from the list haha .

I will be going in late July.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
22 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: A day trip to SouthEast

Great places to stop and see on the way to Mount Dandenong! Sassafras is a quaint little town in the Dandenong Ranges..... great coffee and small shops to browse. Highly recommend William Ricketts Reserve just the other side of Sassafras.....its a small fern/forrest land full of aboriginal scupltures with fantastic history.

Enjoy!

7. Re: A day trip to SouthEast

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 July 2015, 05:15