We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The Block

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney
Level Contributor
1,072 posts
35 reviews
Save Topic
The Block

Just wondering if anyone knew where the current "The Block" is located....I know the previous one is on OGrady St and have seen the "Skyhigh" one......and how would I get there?Cheers

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
216 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: The Block

The Block – 121-127 High Street, Praharan.

Go Chris and Jenna!

Melbourne
Level Contributor
1,801 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: The Block

It's directly opposite the Swinburne Univesity design school, a couple of blocks down from Chapel St. I drove past it the other day, nearly finished by the look of it!

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney
Level Contributor
1,072 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: The Block

ty for the info.......I don't watch the show much now but hey.....when in rome as they say

Melboune
Level Contributor
2,209 posts
192 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: The Block

In response to your query about how to get there, the no 6 tram in Swanston St (to Glen Iris) goes right past, or it's a short walk from the Prahran station.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney
Level Contributor
1,072 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: The Block

Hi yes have been and gone on my trip to Melbourne........found both sites and a little underawed by it......thought the Skyhigh was more impressive.But alas at least I said ive been there,.Also gave me a good sense of what other suburbs are around and where trams go.

I so enjoy Melbourne

Gungahlin, Australia
Destination Expert
for Canberra
Level Contributor
17,004 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: The Block

Skyhigh was the one with vertical garden on the exterior? So it's looking good? I thought the old hotel turned out quite well but I did wonder about maintenance.

Edited: 01 September 2014, 02:42
7. Re: The Block

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 September 2015, 05:15