We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How to dial an Australian mobile nbr from the UK

Lancs, England
Level Contributor
269 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
How to dial an Australian mobile nbr from the UK

Hi

I have bought an Australian sim card for my trip and don't know what number should be pre fixed for family calling me from the UK. Or do they just dial the 04 number with nothing else added?

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Airlie Beach, Whitsunday Islands
Level Contributor
20,509 posts
203 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How to dial an Australian mobile nbr from the UK

00 614XX XXX XXX

basically drop the zero and add the coountry code....you will need to add the internatioanal dial out number first

Geelong...
Destination Expert
for Victoria
Level Contributor
3,830 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How to dial an Australian mobile nbr from the UK

The "00" shown above applies to the international country code to dial out. eg from Australia it is "0011", from NZ it is "010"

The "61" applies to Australia.

Remove the "0" that you would have on a mobile phone number and fire away.

An alternative on a mobile phone is to put "+" then country code etc, so you would dial +61 411 000222. Hope that isn't anyone's real phone number :-))

3. Re: How to dial an Australian mobile nbr from the UK

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 August 2009, 21:17