We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Perth to Exmouth and return -Campervan hire

Bolton, UK
Level Contributor
2,338 posts
97 reviews
Save Topic
Perth to Exmouth and return -Campervan hire

We are looking to hire a 4WD campervan to travel up the coast and back from Perth to Exmouth in December.

Would we be restricted to staying overnight on campsites, or is it possible to spend the odd night sensibly parked up near a beach?

Bolton, UK
Level Contributor
2,338 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Perth to Exmouth and return -Campervan hire

Sorry, just a bump. As we need to have some idea on whether to hire a camper or do the route by car and book accommodation as we go.

As it will be over Xmas ,we need to get it sorted ASAP.

Our idea for Xmas Eve was to hole up somewhere quiet and romantic. Perhaps an isolated beach for the night, in a camper. But if this isn't allowed then we will have to book a room, which are depleting fast.

if anyone could help, I would be most grateful

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
6,727 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Perth to Exmouth and return -Campervan hire

There are limited places you are legally allowed to camp out in WA but I am not a camper and my contacts are away - camping! ☺ Hopefully someone else will know but I think you should go with booking in to grounds rather than taking a chance and missing out.

Uden, The...
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
60,942 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Perth to Exmouth and return -Campervan hire

I'm not a camper either and I agree Perthite. Stay at campings and if you don't want to do that, go to a place where other campers are. Don't stand alone. Sometimes there are other people along a coast but sometimes they disappear after 10pm and you are alone again.

In Coral Bay south of Exmouth are 2 campings just steps from the beach next to the resort (great for having your coffee and a drink!). I hope they still have room. There's some shade too.

In Cape Range National park there are campingspots but no hook ups etc. No shade at all but it's close to Turquoise Bay, an unbelievable beautiful spot.

Tet

4. Re: Perth to Exmouth and return -Campervan hire

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 February 2010, 06:18