We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Swim with dolphins in Rockingham

Erlangen
Level Contributor
95 posts
58 reviews
Save Topic
Swim with dolphins in Rockingham

Hi,

I'll spend two days mid October in Rockingham. I would like to do the "swim with dolphins" tour from Wild Encounters. Is there a good chance to see the dolphins at that time of the year? And have I book it in advance? The second day I would like to do the penguin island tour.

best regards,

bima

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
3,508 posts
239 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Swim with dolphins in Rockingham

There are no guarantees that you will see dolphins on these tours as they are not in enclosures, however there are lots of wild dolphins around in the area and the operators have a vested interest in finding them for you.

Suggest you make up your mind after reading other reviewers comments here:

tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g488365-d6…

and

tripadvisor.com/Attractions-g261675-Activiti…

Bear in mind that October is going to be a busy month for tourism in WA with school holidays from 1 to 17 Oct and the CHOGM conference in Perth on the last weekend, 28 to 30, so make sure you have your accommodation organised.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
3,508 posts
239 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Swim with dolphins in Rockingham

This link was also in a previous post on the topic:

www.mybunbury.com/dolphindiscovery.html

Erlangen
Level Contributor
95 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Swim with dolphins in Rockingham

Hi Kerry,

I'm in Rockingham on monday 24th and tuesday 25th. So I hope this is not too busy time. I've already booked my accomodation and also in Perth, there I spend the next 3 days. So there is no time to go more south to Bunbury. Maybe next holiday ;-)

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
3,508 posts
239 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Swim with dolphins in Rockingham

If you have a hire car, Mandurah is about 45 minutes drive from Rockingham (nice river foreshore area with cafes, marina with shops, restaurants).

Bunbury is about 1.5 hours drive so if you were unfortunate and missed the dolphins on your trip maybe you could try there the next day.

While you are at Rockingham, suggest you also go to Point Peron which is only 5 minutes drive or half hour walk along the coast - quite scenic for photos, some nice places to snorkel if you dont mind the water being cool (always warmer than the Baltic!)

Nights can still be cold in October so bring warm clothing - days should be sunny.

Glad you have booked all your accommodation because you will be in Perth at a very busy time for tourists - the CHOGM conference is on that week.

5. Re: Swim with dolphins in Rockingham

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 October 2012, 05:16