We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Road Trip - Perth to Exmouth?

Sydney
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Road Trip - Perth to Exmouth?

Hi,

I'm planning a holiday with a friend in the december/january period for 10 days.

i was thinking of spending 2 days in Perth and then driving to Exmouth and back in the remaining 8, but that might be overshooting it a bit. Does anyone have any suggested itineraries or timeframes? Our plan is to see things along the way, not just reach a specific destination.

Monkey Mia is one place we definitely want to go. We would have loved to reach Cable Beach but, alas, too far.

Thanks.

Mentioned in this post
Monkey Mia
Monkey Mia
269 Reviews
Western Australia, Australia
Cable Beach
Cable Beach
2,120 Reviews
Broome, Australia
Perth
Perth
Greater Perth, Australia
Exmouth
Exmouth
Colorado
Destination Expert
for Western Australia
Level Contributor
3,477 posts
296 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Road Trip - Perth to Exmouth?

Hi Laurah -

We drove from Perth to Exmouth and return a few years back. Our itinerary, travel times/distances and what we did along the way can be found here:

tripadvisor.com/GoListDetail-i22664-Road_tri…

Eight days really isn't sufficient, unless you plan to drive one way and fly back, but that will cost you some $$$ as one way rentals are quite dear.

I absolutely would not do this in Dec/Jan though - the heat and humidity would really put me off, not to mention it's cyclone season.

Edited: 13 August 2012, 07:15
Mentioned in this post
Perth
Perth
Greater Perth, Australia
Exmouth
Exmouth
2. Re: Road Trip - Perth to Exmouth?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 August 2013, 19:18