We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is it worth going to Coral Bay?

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Is it worth going to Coral Bay?

I am driving north from Perth for a week and plan on 1-2 nights in Kalbarri then 2-3 nights in Denham/Monkey Mia. Trying to decide whether it is worth a 7.5 hour drive to go to Coral Bay for 2 nights and then doing 13 hours back to Perth or whether I'd be better spending a couple more days in the Shark Bay area? 6 nights in total. The plan at the moment is to visit the Pinnacles and Hutt Lagoon on the way to Kalbarri, then Kalbarri National Park and then onto Shark Bay and have a few days chilling on beaches there. Is there anywhere closer than Coral Bay worth visiting or anything at Coral Bay which makes it well worth the extra driving?

Thanks!

Mentioned in this post
Monkey Mia
Monkey Mia
269 Reviews
Western Australia, Australia
Shark Bay
Shark Bay
276 Reviews
Denham, Australia
Perth
Perth
Greater Perth, Australia
Kalbarri
Kalbarri
Kalbarri National Park, Australia
Denham
Denham
Coral Bay
Coral Bay
Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
13,272 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is it worth going to Coral Bay?

Coral Bay is spectacular adn you can snorkel on the coral reef straight off the beach.

Mentioned in this post
Coral Bay
Coral Bay
Colorado
Destination Expert
for Western Australia
Level Contributor
3,477 posts
296 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is it worth going to Coral Bay?

With your very limited time, I don't think it's worth the effort to get there. You'll have no trouble filling your time in Shark Bay and Kalbarri.

Here's a rundown of our trip from Perth to Exmouth and return - it includes travel time, drive distances and what to see and do along the way. It might be of some help:

tripadvisor.com/GoListDetail-i22664-Road_tri…

Mentioned in this post
Shark Bay
Shark Bay
276 Reviews
Denham, Australia
Kalbarri
Kalbarri
Perth
Perth
Greater Perth, Australia
Exmouth
Exmouth
Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
11 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is it worth going to Coral Bay?

Personally I would go to Coral Bay instead of 2 nights in Kalbarri but that's me. Much nicer spot.

Mentioned in this post
Coral Bay
Coral Bay
Kalbarri
Kalbarri
4. Re: Is it worth going to Coral Bay?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 December 2013, 14:19