We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pemberton restaurants & activities with kids

Perth
Level Contributor
159 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Pemberton restaurants & activities with kids

Hi all,

We are going to Pemberton for a weekend farm stay this weekend, and have 2 toddlers (1.5 and 3). Are there some kid friendly restaurants you can recommend for lunch?

For dinner we were thinking of getting some take away from a local restaurants, so we can eat in our chalet. I noticed there is a Chinese restaurant in Pemberton, anyone been there? It only has 1 review on tripadvisor, so not very reliable. Or any other places that we could take away from?

Also wanted to ask about kids activities and esp. the Tram ride. Some have said it is great and others find it really boring. Do you think this is a good activity for 2 young toddlers?

Thanks!

Scoofy

Western Australia
Level Contributor
395 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pemberton restaurants & activities with kids

I enjoyed the tram ride but I do think it would be boring for toddlers. Most wineries are kid friendly but a personal favourite for lunch is Hidden River Winery. I have experienced problems in the past getting dinner in Pemberton as the restaurants and take away shops have not been open. Hopefully things will have changed since I was last there about 16 months ago but on my last 2 visits the only option seemed to be dinner at the Pub but the meals were good and not expensive.They do a great roast. Now I always carry some non perishable provisions (tins/packets) in the car when I travel so I can put a simple meal together if all else fails.

Perth
Level Contributor
159 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Pemberton restaurants & activities with kids

Thanks dandy, we'll make sure to take some food supplies in case eating out/ordering in fails :-)

Colorado
Destination Expert
for Western Australia
Level Contributor
3,405 posts
283 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Pemberton restaurants & activities with kids

Dinner options in Pemby are quite limited. In addition to the pub, there's Sadies, located in the Gloucester Motel. We've had a couple of good meals there.

There's also a cafe on the main street that opens for dinner a few nights a week, sorry the name escapes me.

I've never seen the Chinese restaurant open, so haven't had a chance to try it.

Other options include picking up some food from Holy Smoke before they close arond 5, buying provisions at the IGA or ordering a platter from a winery - I'm told they'll prepare platters for folks to take home for dinner. Silkwood Winery makes a good one.

We too, like Hidden River. Great place.

Here's a Go List I put together a few years back for Pemby.

tripadvisor.com.au/GoListDetail-i5302-Wester…

I need to update it, a few of the businesses have now closed.

Here's also some list of the Pemberton dining scene, which is a bit dated:

tripadvisor.com.au/Travel-g261676-s5/Pembert…

Enjoy Pemby - I love it there.

A J
Subiaco, Australia
Destination Expert
for Perth, Margaret River
Level Contributor
2,806 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Pemberton restaurants & activities with kids

There's also The Lavender and Berry Cafe:

http://lavenderberryfarm.com.au/cafe/

which is a lovely spot for lunch or morning/afternoon teas. It also has animals if the littlies havent enough of them at the farm stay :)

Perth
Level Contributor
159 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Pemberton restaurants & activities with kids

Thanks everyone for the advice.

We went to Hidden River for lunch, a beautiful place with a great playground and the food was OK. For dinner we bought supplies at IGA and stayed at our cottage.

We gave the tram ride a miss, but visited the Gloucester Tree, Cascades & Yeagarup dunes instead. We all had a great time!

A J
Subiaco, Australia
Destination Expert
for Perth, Margaret River
Level Contributor
2,806 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Pemberton restaurants & activities with kids

Thanks for the feedback Scoofy. We often dont get that and never know if things work out or not :-)

Colorado
Destination Expert
for Western Australia
Level Contributor
3,405 posts
283 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Pemberton restaurants & activities with kids

Glad you had fun, thanks for reporting back.

8. Re: Pemberton restaurants & activities with kids

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 November 2013, 10:18