We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Perth - One night stay before Marg River but 3 adults

Sydney
Level Contributor
61 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Perth - One night stay before Marg River but 3 adults

I searched and there are plenty of queries on this but bit tricky as we are travelling with Father in Law which limits our options. I am kind of blown away by Perth hotel prices to be completely honest. I understand supply and demand but wow!

So we are only spending the night in Perth before heading down to MR for a wedding, we will also be spending the final night in perth before heading back to Sydney.

I was thinking for first night we could possibly stay in Freeo as my FIL would like to visit Maritime museum etc. If we are renting from Bayswater, is it best to collect car from there? Also, we have an 8am flight back to Sydney, for the final night should we elect for somewhere closer to airport, especially given we have a three year old who goes to bed at 7pm?

Nannup, Australia
Level Contributor
3,652 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Perth - One night stay before Marg River but 3 adults

Have a look at either the Bentley Motel or the Wattle Grove Motel - neither too far from the airport and reasonably priced. (They both have websites). I recently stayed at Bentley - it's renovated and my only complaint was the traffic noise, but that could be down to my sensitve quiet country ears..... Wattle Grove is a little bit isolated. Mrs Numbat is trying it in a couple of weeks, like you, as a pre-flighter.

Edited: 30 October 2012, 05:40
Fremantle, Australia
Level Contributor
3,388 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Perth - One night stay before Marg River but 3 adults

Wattle Grove motel is about 15 minutes from airport and a straight run. Haven't stayed there myself but drove past a lot when we lived in the hills. Seemed to have quite good reviews and there was often a No Vacancy sign up- think it's popular with truckies as between Roe and Tonkin Hwy.

The Maritime Museum in Freo is very

interesting and if you haven't been to Fremantle

then staying the first night is a great idea. Very easy to get to from airport along Leach Hwy.

Edited: 30 October 2012, 06:00
rural West Aussie
Destination Expert
for Perth
Level Contributor
21,250 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Perth - One night stay before Marg River but 3 adults

Don't forget to pre-arrange a child seat for your three year old unless you;re bringing one from home. I'm not sure Bayswater has them available, best to check before you come rather than get a rude surprise.

4. Re: Perth - One night stay before Marg River but 3 adults

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 November 2013, 10:18