We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Perth-Margaret River-Albany-Esperance-Hyden-Perth

Uster, Zurich...
1 post
Save Topic
Perth-Margaret River-Albany-Esperance-Hyden-Perth

Hey everyone

I would love to go from Perth to Esperance, with all the stops in the title.

But, a car is pretty expensive. So I was looking for another way, by bus or by train, or maybe also an organsied tour.

But I couldn't really find a good offer. Can someone help me with ideas??

Thank's a lot

All Sea Charters
Boat Tours, Eco Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Dolphin & Whale Watching, Nature & Wildlife Tours
South West Eco Discoveries
Nature & Wildlife Tours, Eco Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Wine Tours & Tastings
Pemberton Discovery Tours
Nature & Wildlife Tours, Eco Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Wine Tours & Tastings
Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Perth, Antarctic Adventures
Level Contributor
15,925 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Perth-Margaret River-Albany-Esperance-Hyden-Perth

Impossible by train. Difficult by regional buses.

Check the official tourism site where you will find links to the various tour bus companies who do single and multi day tours round the region.

Fremantle, Australia
Level Contributor
4,040 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Perth-Margaret River-Albany-Esperance-Hyden-Perth

Try this web site for regional buses:

I often take the bus from Perth to Albany and it is comfortable. There's good backpackers in Albany.

You could take the long way to Albany via Walpole and stop off overnight at places then pick up journey.

The bus also goes Albany to Esperance on certain days. Then you would take the Esperance-Hyden-Perth back.

Noticed the bus Perth to Augusta also takes in Margaret River. You could juggle your trip, though you might need a bit of time.

Edited: 12 June 2013, 11:28
Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
36 posts
177 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Perth-Margaret River-Albany-Esperance-Hyden-Perth

We've just come back from a similar trip to this, however also added in Kalgoorlie between Esperance and Hyden. Although the driving days are long (depending on how many stops you make along the way) I would recommend doing this by car if possible as there are so many interesting things to see along the way. The route we took was similar to this:

4. Re: Perth-Margaret River-Albany-Esperance-Hyden-Perth

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 June 2014, 06:18