We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Exmouth questions

London, United...
Level Contributor
37 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Exmouth questions

Hi, we will be flying into Learmonth/Exmouth in May next year and would like to ask a few questions/get advice.

The main reason is for Whale sharks, where is it best to do a trip out from?

If staying in Exmouth is there any way of getting to and from Turquiose Bay as we will definitely not be driving?

Is it possible to do trips to Karijini NP from Exmouth and how long do they last?

Thank you for any help, I really appreciate any more tips you might think handy!

Alexis

Colorado
Destination Expert
for Western Australia
Level Contributor
3,476 posts
296 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Exmouth questions

Whale shark tours leave from Exmouth and Coral Bay, which is about 152 km south of Exmouth, less from Learmonth.

Access is easier from Coral Bay than from Exmouth (whale shark tours leave from the Tantabiddi boat ramp, which is about an hour's drive from Exmouth). Coral Bay tours leave right from Coral Bay, so less time on a boat (and it can be rough).

Whale sharks migrate north, so the later in the season north might be better than south, although I'd think it wouldn't matter much in May.

There might be some sort of transport to Turquoise Bay (I'm not sure), which is close to 90 minutes drive from Exmouth. I suggest you contact the Exmouth Visitor's Center for specifics.

Can't help with Karijini.

Enjoy WA.

London, United...
Level Contributor
37 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Exmouth questions

Thank you, that's really helpful!

Alexis

3. Re: Exmouth questions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 October 2014, 06:19