We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

4 Days What Should I Do?

New York City, New...
4 posts
Save Topic
4 Days What Should I Do?

I am going to be in Sydney for work and have planned some time on front end of work to spend in Port Douglas and am debating many different trips for the back end of my holiday. If I decide on going to Western Australia I would only have 4 days and since it's such a large state I am wondering if it is practical? There are so many beautiful places I am having trouble deciding what to do. Thank you very much for any advice!

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Business Travel, New South Wales
Level Contributor
30,195 posts
1,437 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 4 Days What Should I Do?

It depends on your interests & what month you are thinking of visiting WA ???

If not in summer then I would highly recommend seeing Ningaloo Reef - its stunning & if your budget allows it then I also suggest you fly to Learmouth Airport & hire a car to drive to Coral Bay after exploring Cape Range National Park. - 4 days would be ideal. You would need to book accommodation first before flights as it's always busy.

tripadvisor.com.au/Travel-g580525-s2/Coral-B…

www.australia.com/explore/icons/ningaloo.aspx

If you are planning to visit WA in the summer months then I would recommend you drive south to explore the Margaret River region.

Fremantle, Australia
Level Contributor
3,468 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 4 Days What Should I Do?

Agree with Ellemay's suggestions. The trip to Ningaloo (May-Sep) would be a fantastic experience as you would get a sense of desert and distances. Wonderful beaches and snorkelling. However, IMO you really need 4 full days here to make the trip to the west worthwhile. Another part of Australia which would make a great short trip from Sydney would be Tasmania. Great coastline, walking and is a terrific food and wine destination. You would also get a feel of country life. Some friends from the US recently visited Tasmania and fell in love with Tasmania and especially Bruny Island.

Of course depends on your interests.

rural West Aussie
Destination Expert
for Perth
Level Contributor
21,551 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 4 Days What Should I Do?

With four days and being on the east coast you might also visit Melbourne and surrounds. It's an entirely different city to Sydney IMO.

Sydney
Destination Expert
for Croatia
Level Contributor
11,836 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 4 Days What Should I Do?

My suggestion would be Uluru and Kings Canyon. 4 days is enough time.

5. Re: 4 Days What Should I Do?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 February 2015, 06:23