We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Night Activity

Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Topic
Night Activity

Based on my research most of activities around WA are for day time. Anything I can do at night? Specifically at margaret river region as i will be spending few nights there during my next visit to perth in april..

Special Offer
Swan Valley Wine Gourmet Wine Cruise...
272 Reviews
from US$66.00*
US$132.00
Rottnest Island from Perth or...
124 Reviews
from US$98.00*
Special Offer
Caversham Wildlife Park, the...
145 Reviews
from US$134.30*
US$167.90
Special Offer
Margaret River Wines, Mammoth Cave...
125 Reviews
from US$134.30*
US$167.90
Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
6,874 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Night Activity

You could go to the hotel or tavern. Have a meal out. Maybe beach fish? TBH I normally find after a big day of touring around, the last thing I want to do is go out at night...

Gatton, Australia
Level Contributor
13 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Night Activity

In my experience, after a few drinks this area is difficult to get around unless you jag yourself a cab. Pubs?

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
4,230 posts
244 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Night Activity

Hi Sal - just some info about accommodation in April, I hope you were planning to go early :0

Just in case you may not already know - April includes two very busy times this year for accommodation bookings - Easter 18 to 22 April and Anzac Day long weekend 25 April to 27 April. Hundreds of locals and tourists will all be planning to go south at this time and accommodation will be at a premium.

On top of that, school holidays start 26 April, so many places are pre-booked a year ahead.

Book early!

Re night activities - walk along the beach at Geographe Bay, weather should still be pleasant in April.

Margaret River is a pretty safe country town - order a nice meal at one of the nice restaurants in town and wander along the main street for some window shopping perhaps - there are lots of art galleries in the main street. Some of the taverns and hotels have activities like pool tables if that is of interest.

Edited: 03 February 2014, 10:05
Mentioned in this post
Geographe Bay
Geographe Bay
114 Reviews
Dunsborough, Australia
Margaret River
Margaret River
Margaret River Region, Australia
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Night Activity

PerthiteOZ,

I would normally spend some time for night activity..at least for outside dinner..yup..might be damn tired after the tour

Ang312,

I would be driving down to south..so no issue on transportation 😊

Kerry1G,

I appreciate your advice on accom so much..luckily i'll be there end of march to early april..

Beach walk sounds good too

Anyway just found out regarding outdoor cinema..is it available at MR? Sounds interesting to me?Is it worth to watch?

rural West Aussie
Destination Expert
for Perth
Level Contributor
23,837 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Night Activity

Here's link to the MR Tourism website, you can look up all what's on offer. I don't think there's an outdoor cinema.

http://www.margaretriver.com/

Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Night Activity

YorkFoodie

Already browsed thru the website..found out that there will be outdoor cinema at MR until end of march..that's why i wonder if it is available during my april visit..maybe at surrounding area

7. Re: Night Activity

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 04 February 2014, 10:35
Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
6,874 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Night Activity

IME all outdoor cinemas will finish end of March as it becomes too cool or the risk of rain for the outdoor seated venues to be viable.

However there is a drive in at Busselton: http://www.busseltondrive-in.com.au/ An Aussie icon rarely found these days and you can watch movies from the comfort of your vehicle, rain or shine.

Mentioned in this post
Busselton
Busselton
Western Australia, Australia
Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
256 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Night Activity

The Busselton drive in is set to close in April so you may or may not be able to go.

…yahoo.com/thewest/…

There is a cinema though. http://www.oranacinemas.com.au/busselton.htm

Edited: 05 February 2014, 00:27
Mentioned in this post
Busselton
Busselton
Western Australia, Australia
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Night Activity

Thanks for helping guys..will check the mentioned cinema