We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Locating Eucla Telegraph Station

Bathurst, Australia
Level Contributor
48 posts
259 reviews
Save Topic
Locating Eucla Telegraph Station

I want to visit Eucla Telegraph Station on our trip across the Nullarbor but cannot find anything that shows where the turn off from the highway is and cannot find any signs when looking on Google. Can anyone tell me exactly where the turn off is and if it is accessible in a normal 2WD car?

Edited: 06 February 2014, 04:57
South Pacific
Destination Expert
for Hobart, Tasmania
Level Contributor
25,889 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Locating Eucla Telegraph Station

Drive 1km west from the roadhouse, down the escarpment. Turn left onto a reasonable sandy gravel road toward the airfield. After 200metres at a T-junction, turn right toward the airfield again. This sandy road ends at the telegraph station just beyond the dirt runway of the airfield and just short of the remains of the jetty.

the jetty is visible on googlemaps if you know where to look.

IMO, the last few hundred metres is not much of a road for a 2WD. The first kilometre is OK.

Luigi

Edited: 06 February 2014, 06:25
Bathurst, Australia
Level Contributor
48 posts
259 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Locating Eucla Telegraph Station

Many thanks. I also eventually found a sign at Eucla turn off itself on Googlemaps. I had been told that the ruins were south west of the town and you description is easy to follow on google maps but there is no sign at the turn-off (or there was not when google street was done.). Thanks again for the info

3. Re: Locating Eucla Telegraph Station

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 February 2015, 06:21