Hi there! We're an adventurous couple who have lots of experience traveling around, usually with a camper van, so we're super keen to finally visit some of WA sites. However, we're new at being parents (1yr old walker) so we need sound advise to keep us mindful of our new "with baby" circumstance (pram-friendly hikes and sights). We're slowly coming to the conclusion that it'll might be more economical to travel with a rental car vs camper van but we're worried about how difficult it might be to spontaneous book a room here/there. Here are the details we're playing around with:
- 14 days roundtrip starting in Perth heading towards Coral Bay area (we're flexible about whether he head north or south...this won't be our last trip to WA so don't feel the need to cram it all in at once...darn place is too big for that anyways!)
- End of August/Beginning September (rather rug up baby than worry about heat)
- Would ideally like to spend less than 2 hours per day in the car (we'll be bringing our AUS baby seat)
- We don't really want to book places to stay ahead because if there's somewhere nice, we'd like to stay longer. We're not picky about where we sleep (we'll be bringing a travel cot for bub) so is this realistic or wishful thinking?
- Given that it's not high travel season and rooms are available, is car & rooms/hotels better/worse than campervan with a baby?
- Any tried/tested itineraries out their travelling parents want to recommend?
Thanks in advance!