We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best time to visit Broome

Australia
Level Contributor
333 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Best time to visit Broome

We are looking to visit Broome in July but are wondering whether it would be warm enough then or should we leave it til later? Is the water warm enough to swim in? Have been checking out the Cable Beach Club Resort or Seashells Resort. Any advice on which one is nicer. I wasn't sure whether to pay the extra and book the ocean view rooms, whether they do get much of a view? thanks

Eaton, Australia
Destination Expert
for Broome, Bunbury
Level Contributor
21,107 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best time to visit Broome

This year is a particularly cool dry season and July will be cool as well I believe and if you can, I would leave it until August to visit. Hopefully the days and nights will have warmed up a little more.

Cable Beach Resort is a favourite of ours, but Seashells is also a nice resort.

I believe the only rooms that get the ocean views at Cabe Beach Resort, are the most expensive ones, ie the suites. I believe they now call the ocean view rooms, ocean side rooms. They would be closest to the beach, but I don't believe any have views from the actual rooms. We have only stayed in the garden and pool view rooms...which were lovely too.

Broome, Austra
Level Contributor
48 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Best time to visit Broome

Hi

Typically, July has clear, warm days and cool, crisp evenings, but as mentioned above, we are having a cooler than usual dry season so it may be cooler than usual. The ocean is still nice to swim in, i guess it depends where you are from as to how cold you think it is! September is also a good time to visit and a little bit quieter than August. You may even be able to coordinate your trip with the Shinju Matsuri Festival of the Pearl from 10th - 18th Sept, which has some fantastic events to experience Broome's culture.

Both of the resorts you mentioned are great. The Cable Beach Club Resort is the largest (26 acres!) and is the closest to the beach, but only the suites have full ocean views. All of the rooms at Seashells are self contained so this is handy if you are planning on preparing some of your own meals. But there are plenty of dining out options all within walking distance as well. It is advisable to book as far ahead in advance as you can, as a lot of Broome accommodation does get booked out in the busy months.

BVC

leicester
Level Contributor
8 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best time to visit Broome

Would a visit to Broome/Darwin areas be suitable in Second half March or would the wet season detract?

Eaton, Australia
Destination Expert
for Broome, Bunbury
Level Contributor
21,107 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best time to visit Broome

March can be a fairly intense time of the year here, as far as warm to hot days, fairly high humidity, rain etc, but you could score a week where there's little rain. You never really know until it happens.

It would depend on what you are wanting from your holiday. Most likely you will not be able to go very far afield, as roads, those which are dirt, would I imagine, be closed, but everything that Broome itself has to offer, will be available to you.

If you are staying in a hotel or resort, than a lot of the uncomfortable aspects of the season will not be so hard to deal with...if you were camping for instance, it would not be the greatest time to be in town.

leicester
Level Contributor
8 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best time to visit Broome

Thanks for the input. It has cleared things up nicely.

Thanks again.

6. Re: Best time to visit Broome

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 October 2012, 01:18