We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Broome for just 4 days

Darwin, Australia
Destination Expert
for Darwin
Level Contributor
5,305 posts
93 reviews
Save Topic
Broome for just 4 days

We are going to Broome to celebrate a special birthday in early November. We know it will be very hot- we live in a similar climate re heat and builld-up- so it doesnt bother us.

One must do is an air tour which takes in a boat trip to the Horizontal Falls. I read that KimberleyAir do a great trip among a few others.

Having not been to Broome, with a short timeframe, should be stay in Broome and do a tour from there or go to Cape Leveque and get a tour from there.

We hope to go back to Broome and travel that area in more detail maybe next year, so its not an issue if we dont get get see a whole lot.

Darwin, Australia
Destination Expert
for Darwin
Level Contributor
4,522 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Broome for just 4 days

Personally I found 4 days plenty to check out Broome, but we didn't get to the Dampier Peninsula.

We booked the Horizontal Falls trip but it was cancelled on us as there were not enough people booked for the trip to run. Book the trip for early in your stay so you can go another day if something like this happens to you.

Eaton, Australia
Destination Expert
for Broome, Bunbury
Level Contributor
21,254 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Broome for just 4 days

I would do it from Broome, unless you really want to spend time at Cape Leveque. Personally, I like to stay at least two nights up there, to make the trip worthwhile. It's a great spot to visit and I think it better to give over a few days to enjoy the area.

If you are going to return to Broome at some time, I would definitely put Cape Leveque on your intinerary, if you can fit it in.

Yes, it could be quite a warm and humid time whilst you are here, but just plan your days, so that some of it is spent somewhere cool.

Edited: 11 March 2013, 14:26
Darwin, Australia
Destination Expert
for Darwin
Level Contributor
5,305 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Broome for just 4 days

Thanks. I think I will look into all the Broome accom options. I think we will keep this trip simple and not waste too much time travelling to accommodation with such little time.

4. Re: Broome for just 4 days

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 March 2014, 04:17
Get answers to your questions about Broome