We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Broome in October / November

Melbourne, Australia
1 post
Save Topic
Broome in October / November

We are looking at eloping in Broome (on the beach) between mid-October and first week of November - will we have to worry about rainy weather at this time? How humid will it be?

Darwin, Australia
Destination Expert
for Darwin
Level Contributor
5,065 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Broome in October / November

Yes it will be humid and hot. As you appear to be coming from Melbourne, then it will be very humid and very hot. Rain is a distinct possibility as it is technically in the wet season- more likely to get storms which can strand you temporilarly if you are out of town and on dirt roads.

But look at the risk of rain like the risk you take marrying someone...it could go either way....

Eaton, Australia
Destination Expert
for Broome, Bunbury
Level Contributor
21,097 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Broome in October / November

No...we rarely see much rain until January. We have been advised that this season is going to be a long, slow build up to the Wet and so as hamiriver states, expect heat and humidity. I think rain would a relief if it should happen, but more likely it won't.

Last November's weather stats ~ (3.00mm for the entire month in 2012)

bom.gov.au/climate/…IDCJDW6015.201211.shtml

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Broome in October / November

Sue C. My wife and I jus booked Dec/Jan for a week in Broome. Can you help us out with the best value for money places to eat out while we are there? Also any must see things. I guess there is no festivals or alike that time of the year? What about New Years Eve, anything worth while going to? Any help/ideas would be muchly appreciated :)

Eaton, Australia
Destination Expert
for Broome, Bunbury
Level Contributor
21,097 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Broome in October / November

December/January is a relatively quiet time in Broome, but one of our favourites. You will have the early morning beach, just about to yourselves and it's always great making the first footprints in the sand.

Most restaurants and cafes in Broome will be open and some will have music on nye. I imagine Diver's Tavern and also The Roey, are likely to have bands play throughout the night. Just check with your reception and also the Visitor Centre for more information at the time.

Best value meals, I would say d'Amore in old Broome, Little Indian and Som Thai in Chinatown, Matso's and 18 degrees on the Bay.

http://www.visitbroome.com.au/

Things to do...visit the local museum, Sun outdoor pictures, Willie Creek Pearls, stroll along Dampier Terrace and check the diamond and pearl showrooms, Pearl Luggers in Chinatown. Take a hovercraft tour to see the dinosaur footprints and more in the bay.

Best to make the visitor centre one the first places you visit and then you can see what is open, prices etc and take it from there :)

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Broome in October / November

Hi Sue, Thanks VERY much for your time and all the helpful information you have given us :) It is much appreciated! Maybe we could take you for a drink if you're going to be around at that time and are interested?

Many thanks again :)

Eaton, Australia
Destination Expert
for Broome, Bunbury
Level Contributor
21,097 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Broome in October / November

That's very nice of you. Give me a yell on here (or through a PM), if it fits in with your plans, but don't feel awful if you don't. Holiday time is precious.

Enjoy you stay in Broome and yell out if I can be of further help...thanks :)

lux
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Broome in October / November

Hi Everybody!

I also have some questions about Broome/Derby/Kimberley in November.

What local guided tours are available in and around Broome and/or Derby at the end of November?

Are there any short (1-2 days) tours to Kimberley region at this time? Maybe scenic flights?

What to do in Broome/Derby/Kimberley on short break at the end of November?

I'm going there on 22 of November and want to stay for some days. I don't drive, so I need to book some tours. But it seems that all tours are closed and there is no fun in November.

Could somebody please give me advice?

Thanks a lot

Eaton, Australia
Destination Expert
for Broome, Bunbury
Level Contributor
21,097 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Broome in October / November

November is a very hot and humid time of the year and therefore not a pleasant time to be out and about in the bush/gorges etc. For instance, this weekend almost the entire Kimberly area is expecting 40+ degree temperatures.

You will find some more localised tours to go on, ie Broome sightseeing tour, Astro tours, Broome Walks, Willie Creek Pearl Farm and the Pearl Lugger tour in Chinatown. I am sure there will be some fun things to do, so do make contact with the local visitor centre and see what is available, that suits your interests.

http://www.visitbroome.com.au/

lux
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Broome in October / November

Sue, many thanks for the information, it was helpful, I'll try to see something.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
3 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Broome in October / November

Hi Sue C - just jumping on board here, my fiancée and I are looking at honeymooning in Broome in late Oct 2014 - do you think there is enough to do to fill 2 weeks? I have heard it is an amazing place!