We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

June vs September

Which Broome hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Algonquin Provincial Park
Level Contributor
1,567 posts
1,120 reviews
Save Topic
June vs September

Looking 2-3 week trip in area 2014 ideally July or August (best time?), but I may end up in June or September. Excuse my ignorance but I assume June/September will be much hotter, but is there a preference between these two months weather wise (temps/rain), tourist levels, photography (wild flowers?) or any other way that i should consider. Any suggestions are appreciated greatly, it is unlikely I can do this trip more than once.Any difference in Bugs?

Edited: 06 September 2013, 15:08
Eaton, Australia
Destination Expert
for Broome, Bunbury
Level Contributor
21,027 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: June vs September

Hello Canuck, if you are looking to avoid the more humid, warmer months of the year, then I would suggest June to be better time to visit...however, that is also Broome at its busiest, when many holiday makers escape the winter months down south to visit.

Should you decide to visit Broome in September, I am sure you will find plenty to keep you busy, including the Shinju Matsuri Festival, which commences this weekend ~

http://www.shinjumatsuri.com.au/

Weather statistics ~

bom.gov.au/climate/…cw_003003.shtml

Wildflowers are more of drawcard in the southern parts of the state at this time of year and they are truly spectacular, but Broome is a beautiful location to photograph irrespective of the season or time of year.

visitbroome.com.au/discover/download-our-sea…

and

http://www.broomecam.com.au/

as for bugs...well, there's always some bug about at some time of the year, but I would not expect any to give you too hard a time, whilst you are here.

Hope this is of help...

Fremantle, Australia
Level Contributor
3,204 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: June vs September

Hi. For the southern part of the state I would suggest September. Wildflowers are spectacular and weather can be glorious. Not many flies and mozzies either. If you stay away from School Holidays ( usually early October) then you should have no trouble with accommodation in regional SW. Note Perth can be sometimes a bit tricky and expensive with bookings for hotels. Given Sue's great tips if you want to focus on the north then you might choose June, however not the loveliest down this way. Happy planning!

3. Re: June vs September

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 September 2014, 06:23