We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Eco Lodge Broome- worth it or not?

Which Broome hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Caloundra, Australia
5 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Eco Lodge Broome- worth it or not?

Hi we are coming to Broome in July and have been looking at Eco lodge for 2 nights , are the ocean view tents worth it? Can you actually see the ocean or just a partial glimpse from a corner of the deck? can't afford an ocean view villa and thought the tents might be ok? Or should we go garden view which is $100 cheaper than ocean view? Thanks

Eaton, Australia
Destination Expert
for Broome, Bunbury
Level Contributor
20,980 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Eco Lodge Broome- worth it or not?

You are so close to the ocean, I don't think you will be bothering to sit on the verandah of your eco tent to see it, as during the day you will be off swimming, exploring etc and won't want to sit on your verandah..well that's what we found.

In the evening, most people gather at the restaurant or grassed area, to watch the sun go down, or you can easily walk down to the beach and watch the sunset...

I would choose a garden view and save the $100.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
2,939 posts
235 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Eco Lodge Broome- worth it or not?

I must admit that I haven't stayed at Eco Lodge but have read up a fair bit on and most of what I've read sounds pretty good. The main disadvantage with staying there to me appeared to be that you had no choices of where to go to eat as its over a hundred kms from Broome, so you will be a "captive audience."

So long as you understand just how remote the place is from anywhere else before you go, you should enjoy it based on the reviews from others.

But I hope you are also planning on spending at least a few days at Broome as well, having come so far from Caloundra on the other side of the country! The town of Broome and its immediate surrounds has a lot to offer for visitors and it would be a pity to miss it.

Edited: 11 June 2014, 15:59
Caloundra, Australia
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Eco Lodge Broome- worth it or not?

Thanks Kerry, yes we are in Broome for a week, definitely too far away to go for just 2 nights!! but thought it might be nice to do something a bit different for a couple of nights!

Caloundra, Australia
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Eco Lodge Broome- worth it or not?

Thanks Sue, was thinking that but needed a locals perspective! Think Garden view will do us!

Eaton, Australia
Destination Expert
for Broome, Bunbury
Level Contributor
20,980 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Eco Lodge Broome- worth it or not?

I am sure you will.

Enjoy your stay...and make sure to go for a walk in either direction along the beach...lovely.

Edited: 13 June 2014, 14:15
6. Re: Eco Lodge Broome- worth it or not?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 June 2015, 05:16