We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Broome Holiday - Where to Stay?

Australia
Level Contributor
412 posts
44 reviews
Save Topic
Broome Holiday - Where to Stay?

Hi

We are a couple, late 40's.

We are interested in holidaying in Broome for 7-10 nights, (coming from Melbourne),

We are after mid-range accommodation, with a pool, preferably near the beach and transport and a supermarket.

We would like to be able self-cater, if possible.

Is there anywhere near the beach that would suit our requirements? Would like somewhere that caters more for couples.

Is 7-10 nights too long to stay in Broome, or would we be better breaking the trip up; say 5 nights somewhere else before going to Broome?

I believe the Cable Beach Resort is lovely, (like the position!), but may be beyond us financially.

I look forward to any advice.

Fremantle, Australia
Level Contributor
658 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Broome Holiday - Where to Stay?

Go to www.balihairesort.com/deluxe.htm it's not as expensive as the Cable Beach resort and gets very good reports. Really you can see most of Broome itself in a day but most people go there to enjoy the warmth and facilities of the resorts and the gorges inland. You haven't indicated how you intend travelling there, if it's direct from Melb you'll need to rent a car to take advantage of some of the other coastal spots further south such as Ningaloo/Exmouth. It's still quite a long drive north to Broome from there but pretty fantastic just the same.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Business Travel, New South Wales
Level Contributor
30,366 posts
1,532 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Broome Holiday - Where to Stay?

I dont think you need so long in Broome unless you are planning to do other outback experiences. I would spend my time time in Perth and the margaret river area...very beautiful

as suggested bali hai is good, cable beach better for the location...but i did see some excellent backpacking hostels and caravan parks on the beach, unfortunately i do not recall names.maybe perth experts can help out with names.

i would do three days broome. the rest perth/ margaret river/ beaches.Broome is a very small town...........hopefully you are not going in summertime....as its very,very humid.

the sunsets are gorgeous, especially from the cable beach cafe on the beach....dont forget to do the camel ride on the beach.

Australia
Level Contributor
412 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Broome Holiday - Where to Stay?

Hi RollyB

Thanks for the info. Looked at the Balihai site and looks good.

Do you, or anyone else, know how far it is from the beach?

Does anyone have any suggestions re where to fly to first from Melbourne, for say 3-5 days, then to go onto Broome for 5-7 nights?

Look forward to hearing feedback.

Australia
Level Contributor
412 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Broome Holiday - Where to Stay?

Hi Ellemay

Perth and Margaret River sound good.

You mentioned 'outback experiences'. Where were you thinking exactly?

Thanks

Fremantle, Australia
Level Contributor
658 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Broome Holiday - Where to Stay?

Yes Bali Hai would be no more than 5 minutes walk to the beach.

6. Re: Broome Holiday - Where to Stay?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 August 2009, 16:16
Get answers to your questions about Broome