We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Accommodation Broome

australia
Level Contributor
45 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Accommodation Broome

It is now decision time on which of the following accommodation places I should book. Both are very similar in price with one offering shuttle bus transfers to the airport and the other a 1 hour massage.

Has anyone stayed at the Bali Hai Resort or the Rendezvous Sanctuary Resort. Both are close by although the Rendezvous has a restaurant which seems very appealing. Our holiday is for early November for 7 nights.

Any comments would be most appreciated.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
87 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Accommodation Broome

Go for Bali Hai as it is established with lovely gardens. Rendezvous still has a lot of construction work happening around it.

Restaurants at Cable Beach are all walking distance.

Mentioned in this post
Cable Beach
Cable Beach
2,121 Reviews
Broome, Australia
Uden, The...
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
60,942 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Accommodation Broome

Hi Cyclonewanda

We just made a reservation at the Rendezvous resort from nov 6-10 this year at the price of AUD 188,-- per day by Flairview Travel for a groundfloor one bedroom apartment with poolview. Because of the rates we did not want to stay at Cable Beach resort, but we will visit it's terras to have dinner and watch sunset.

We also doubted between Bali Hai and Rendez vous but choose the last one because of the reviews on the apartments and the presence of a restaurant(looked good!) and we like to have poolview. Also Bali Hai looked great. Maybe we'll meet!

Cheers

Tet{:o)-

Mentioned in this post
Cable Beach
Cable Beach
2,121 Reviews
Broome, Australia
australia
Level Contributor
45 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Accommodation Broome

Thank you Lolabout and Tet14 for your suggestions on accommodation in Broome - I debated for sometime now and in the end the Bali Hai suited our needs the best. I am going to enjoy the 1hour free massage and even treat myself to a facial in the new Day Spa.

The Asian-style of accommodation and the tropical gardens presents a relaxing atmosphere and I have contacted the resort several time requesting information and have always found the staff to be friendly and very helpful.

But there is one question I forget to ask and that is - is there a midgee (sandfly) problem in Broome. Do you need to protect yourself with aerogard spray to avoid being bitten. Has anyone had this problem???

Cheers

CycloneWanda

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
87 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Accommodation Broome

We have never had problems with midges, sandflies or mozzies but we have only ever been to Broome in July and August.

5. Re: Accommodation Broome

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 August 2009, 15:17