We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Holiday rentals / Hotels

Wareham, United...
1 post
Holiday rentals / Hotels

I'm due to fly into Perth Australia on the 5th February and I am looking for a place to stay for 3/4 nights before I move on. Im looking for 4 double rooms or if a hotel 3 double rooms & 1 single must be reasonable prices. I'm looking for close to the sea front but not too far from the airport.

Can anyone help me as Im getting confused.

Fremantle, Australia
Level Contributor
4,551 posts
68 reviews
1. Re: Holiday rentals / Hotels

Welcome to TA! Just a reminder that we are volunteers here who are happy to help out with trip planning. The more background information you can provide will help us target suggestions.

Don't worry about airport-it's not big money to get a taxi and being February it's best/nice to be close to the ocean.

Have a look at a map at places like Cottesloe/North Cottesloe ( can walk to the beach plus train to Fremantle and city). There's Cottesloe Hotel and Ocean Beach Hotel plus apartments. Then Fremantle and South Fremantle which have a range of accommodation options- close to beaches, shops, restaurants.

You can check Stayz and Airbnb plus for Fremantle the Visitor Centre web site. More likely to be apartments than big houses in these locations.

For south of Fremantle but quite close to Freo for a holiday House let look at around Coogee/Port or North Coogee.

Further north the beachside suburbs such as Scarborough might work as a range of accommodation choices. Do be aware that February will be stinking hot so your beach time might be early morning/late afternoon.

Hiring cars will open up possibilities for holiday lets but even then you might struggle to get a house with so many rooms.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
151 posts
31 reviews
2. Re: Holiday rentals / Hotels

Think your best bet would be to find an airbnb or stayz.com.au house in either City beach, Floreat, Scarborough or Cottesloe. They are all stunning beaches. Staying near the airport would be horrible. In terms of a reasonably priced hotel for four rooms I think you'll be struggling as Perth is seriously expensive. It's therefore likely to be cheaper to find an airbnb offering a reasonably big house. Make sure it has aircon as Feb hottest month of year. Hope that helps.

Edited: 16 December 2016, 08:29
Cornwall, United...
Level Contributor
4,047 posts
72 reviews
3. Re: Holiday rentals / Hotels

I've recently booked a self catering house in South Fremantle for a week in February through Stayz and have to say there is very little vacant that month now....

4. Re: Holiday rentals / Hotels

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 December 2017, 05:16