We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Caravan Parks

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
37 posts
7 reviews
Caravan Parks

Hi everyone!,

I am planning to visit Perth and WA, specifically Pinnacle, Wave Rock, Margaret River and Augusta on first week of July.

I am considering booking cabins at caravan parks like RAC Busselton, Midland Tourist Park (Middle Swan) and Riverview Tourist Park (Margaret River).

As I have a low threshold for cold, I am just wondering if such cabins are less insulated as compared to a hotel?

Some accomodations mention use of portable heaters. Are these as effective ?

Thanks!

Edited: 04 May 2017, 18:58
Ballarat, Australia
Level Contributor
4,205 posts
92 reviews
1. Re: Caravan Parks

The heaters will be fine. You won't freeze in a cabin. Suggest you wear a singlet or close-fitting undergarment the whole time you are in Aus if you are prone to cold.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
4,342 posts
243 reviews
2. Re: Caravan Parks

<< I am just wondering if such cabins are less insulated as compared to a hotel? >>

The cabins at the RAC Busselton all have wall unit airconditioners that can be set to heating or cooling. I havent stayed at the other locations, but they are probably going to have similar facilities.

Coming from the tropics, you will find the mornings and evenings in July cold, so bring a fleecy tracksuit top or a windcheater. It often warms up by 10am but gets cool again by 4pm. In a car if it is sunny weather, it can get quite warm so you need clothes that you can unzip and take off or put back on when required.

York, United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Western Australia
Level Contributor
7,350 posts
1,859 reviews
3. Re: Caravan Parks

I've used portable heaters before - they work.

You need to have access to some form of heating or else you will freeze :-)

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
13,716 posts
49 reviews
4. Re: Caravan Parks

When we've stayed in caravan park cabins in winter we have brought a small blow heater with us to ensure that we are warm-especially in the bathroom. You could buy one cheaply at most supermarkets or hardware stores.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
37 posts
7 reviews
5. Re: Caravan Parks

Thank you, Loki_crazycat, Kerry1G, Waddler and Nozzie for your replies! Your advice and suggestions are assuring.

6. Re: Caravan Parks

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 May 2018, 06:17