We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Planning to move to Perth

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
181 posts
38 reviews
Save Topic
Planning to move to Perth

Hi All,

My husband as an offer to work in perth, and we are in the midst of discussion. We need all your expert adv for us to move in smoothly.

His office will be in Mill Point. We need to get a rental flat for 6 months and then decide whether to buy a place.Also to consider our daughter's pre school, which hopefully should be around where we stay.

Which area should I start looking for??? I have been to perth about 15yrs ago, but I am sure it has changed alot.

Hope someone could help, as I am lost""""""""""

Thks Rds

Fremantle, Australia
Level Contributor
658 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Planning to move to Perth

Mill Point ... nice area of South Perth. A very well-regarded private school for girls in the nearby vicinity would be Penrhos http://www.penrhos.wa.edu.au/ It has provision for pre school students too.

Accommodation choices would be wide and varied. Other than South Perth itself, areas like Como, Kensington, Salter Point, Mt Pleasant and Applecross would be your top shelf suburbs, generally quite safe and reasonably handy to the Mill Point area.

You might find once settled, you might find another area you like, and now that property values have apparently stabilised a little you might pick up a bargain. But don't count on it, Perth house prices are second only to Sydney in the better areas.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
181 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Planning to move to Perth

Thank you Rolly B. We will certainly look at the places you have mentioned.

We only have a about 4 months before we are relocated to perth.We will be there in the first week of Mar to check on the rental property,and to feel our way around.

Hopefully we could be sucessful.

Thks once again.

rural West Aussie
Destination Expert
for Perth
Level Contributor
21,273 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Planning to move to Perth

One point, pride- do you drive? Perth is a lot easier to get around by private car as the pubic transport isn't as comprehensive as Singapore's, and there certainly isn't anything like the taxi service you're used to.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
181 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Planning to move to Perth

Hi Yorkfoodie,

We do drive, and intend to hire a car to look around for a rental place.

Thks rds

western australia
Level Contributor
170 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Planning to move to Perth

NO disrespect to tripadvisor but there are better websites available to disucss this important topic in,i will PM you them.

California
Level Contributor
203 posts
623 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Planning to move to Perth

I would also think about Crawley. There are a lot of nice apartments available. All the western suburb schools are near enough. You have beautiful walks to the river and Kings Park. UWA is nearby and shops as well. Its an easy transition, having done this ourselves manytimes.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Perth, Antarctic Adventures
Level Contributor
14,554 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Planning to move to Perth

Pop over here for non "holiday" discussion

liveinaustralia.proboards62.com/index.cgi?

8. Re: Planning to move to Perth

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 September 2009, 04:18