We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fremantle

Which Perth hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
england
Level Contributor
320 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Fremantle

Hi Can anyone recommend apartment or studio in the centre of Fremantle, end of August beginning of September. Also is it better to go to the wildlife park or Perth zoo to see Kangaroo. Really looking forward to our trip. Thanks

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
2,005 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Fremantle

Dear Mutty

Quest apartments in Freo is one option, however a local expert- York Foodie always recommends a place in freo- I can't remeber what its called, so I will leave her to let you know that one. Here is the link to Quest Apartments www.questapartments.com.au just select WA as your state and click on Fremantle.

Re seeing Kangaroos the zoo is just a zoo, so I would head to Whiteman Park. www.whitemanpark.com.au its out near the Swan Valley. Makes a great day trip as there is heaps to see at Whiteman Park and then you can go to the Swan Valley for wine tasting, cheese, chocolate, micro breweries and great cafes and restaurants.

www.discoverwest.com.au and www.tourism.wa.gov.au are good sites for all things tourist and west australian.

cheers

HP

Fremantle, Australia
Level Contributor
658 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Fremantle

Or you could go here http://www.westerley.com.au/ and have a look at their selection, they've got some really nice places dotted in and around Freo. Difficult to get accommodation most places in the WA metro area these days so don't waste any time booking wherever you go.

england
Level Contributor
320 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Fremantle

Thanks

Canberra, Australia
Level Contributor
786 posts
516 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Fremantle

Or you could visit Rottnest Island for the day & give the quokkas a drink - they'll drink fresh water out of your hand. Way cuter than roos.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
2,005 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Fremantle

Hey RollyB

Just checked out that website. Pretty good, I'd never heard of it before. Will have to add that to my list of suggested websites.

Amazing how as a local you learn stuff about your own state on this site.

cheers

HP

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
6,641 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Fremantle

For once I don't agree with Howzat - re the zoo is just a zoo. The walk through area with kangaroos and wallabies is great IMO.

You can see heaps of roos for free at Melville Glades Golf Course on any given day too :-) Not that far from Freo.

rural West Aussie
Destination Expert
for Perth
Level Contributor
20,209 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Fremantle

My pick for Freo is Mole End Cottage:

http://www.mole-end.iinet.net.au/

I just checked and they should be available when you visit.

We love it- it's an old cottage that has been completely refurbished and extended and very well kitted out with just about everything you could want. The owners are welcoming and helpful and live just next door if you need any assistance. It's within walking distance of the beach and the cappuccino strip, VERY reasonably priced, and you can self-cater, barbecue or go to any of a myriad of good restaurants in Freo.

rural West Aussie
Destination Expert
for Perth
Level Contributor
20,209 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Fremantle

I should also say Mole End isn't right in the centre of Fremantle but about ten-fifteen minutes' walk from the cappuccino strip, in a quiet cul-de-sac.

Isle of Wight...
Level Contributor
1,225 posts
204 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Fremantle

Can confirm that the Quest Apartments are great, you have fab views of ocean and harbour, and things like washing machine, dishwasher etc which are useful on holiday. You need to read the reviews on tripadvisor if it is of interest. Also you are only 5 mins walk from the Little Creatures Brewery and Bistro which serves great food and beer in a lively atmosphere. Other eateries close by. Not in the centre of Fremantle though, about 10 min walk.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
2,005 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Fremantle

Dear Mutty & Perthite

Whilst seeing roos at golf courses around WA is common- I have seen tourists try to approach them and in one case had to cut my game short because a man got kicked in the ribs- broke 6 and we had to get him back to the club house. I told him he was lucky not to get cut open from neck to groin by the roos spur.

Thats why i recommend Whiteman Park- because it has a petting area and its in a controlled environment. I must admit i have never taken friends from o/s to the Perth zoo because we akways include the swan valley in our day or weekend trip. But its another piece of info that will be filed in my very empty brain (once again Perthite I have been edumakated:-))

cheers

Howzie