We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hotels/apartments

UK
Level Contributor
16 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
hotels/apartments

Does anyone know the Statton apartments in Perth? We're visiting WA for 3 weeks and will be in Perth 30/12 to 4/1. Recommendations have been the Statton, Rydges, Ibis and Emerald hotels. Unfortunately, reviews on some of these are mixed..... any advice welcome!

singapore
Level Contributor
61 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: hotels/apartments

Hi bermudaby,

I booked a 1 night stay in statton on murray st in june.Its quite a new apt.You may miss it if you're not careful.Its very clean but rather small. Personally its was comfortable for me.They have their own washing machine and dryer and swimming pool.Reception is up to 5pm its not manned 24hrs.I stayed in a 2 bedroom apt.Very near the shopping area in fact a few blocks away is the Ibis hotel. It cost me $145 per night. They have basement carpark. A cheaper alternative is the Goodearth hotel on adelaide terrace.They have 24hrs reception.The rooms are spacious albeit not as new as Statton.Hope this helps.

Cheers

Aniraz

Perth, Western...
Level Contributor
2,489 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: hotels/apartments

I checked out the Statton on Murray for another TA member several months ago. I was not impressed with it and found it to be less than clean.

I also checked out Mont Clare and Saville. My choice would be Saville. It was the nicest of the apartments with a choice of self-service or room-service, there is a restaurant downstairs and many in the vicinity. The CAT free Perth area transit bus about 30m from the front door, grocery shop, liquor store etc across the road as well as being within walking distance of the inner city.

I don't know about Ibis or Emerald, but the Rydges should be good.

Hong Kong
5 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: hotels/apartments

Hi athena,

I will be visiting Perth from 20/8 to 28/8. Do you have any recommendation for accommodation at Scarborough beach?

Perth, Western...
Level Contributor
2,489 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: hotels/apartments

Sorry, I don't know about accommodation at Scarborough. Have you done an internet check?

UK
Level Contributor
16 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: hotels/apartments

Thanks Athena, we've looked at theSaville suites but unfortunately they seem to be fully booked for the period we want. On another subject, it seems to be very difficult to find a booking agent or hotel that has a secure online booking facility. They always want me to fill in my credit card details on a fax form and send it through! Is this normal in Perth - I've never had this problem when visiting other parts of Australia in the past??

Perth, Western...
Level Contributor
2,489 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: hotels/apartments

I have not heard of that practise, maybe it's just the smaller hotels. The Rydges would surely have online booking without using a fax?

Sorry Bermudaby, perhaps we're just too antiquated here. We don't book hotels in Perth, apart from Burswood Hotel or the Sheraton once, so couldn't tell you

Western Australia
Level Contributor
13 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: hotels/apartments

Hi bermudaby, there are a number of apartment hotels in the perth cbd of varying age and quality. I have found Aarons suites, Mounts bay waters apts, goodearth hotel are all acceptable. A site i use often for booking is www.wotif.com/Search.jsp…

but it only takes bookings 2 weeks in advance. I have used it for hotels all over australia and never had a problem and it also gives a pretty decent rundown of the facilities available at each hotel. Hope that this helps some

singapore
Level Contributor
61 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: hotels/apartments

Hi bermudaby,

Other than www.wotif.com you can try wwwratestogo.com.I actually got a good deal at this website.Happy hunting.

Cheers