We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

have you been to eurodisney

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
2,005 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
have you been to eurodisney

G'day my fellow Australians. Just wondering if any of you have been to Eurodisney. We don't have kids, but I am a big kid at heart. What else is there around the area. We will only be there 2 days (thats all i can convince the wife for).

Not staying in the Disney Hotels as they seam to expensive. What are your tips and suggestions.

cheers

Howzie

Penang, Malaysia
Level Contributor
919 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: have you been to eurodisney

Howzie,

We've been to Disney Tokyo, HK and, in June this year, Paris. I thought EuroDisney was overpriced for the entertainment one got. There is also Disney Movie Studio but we didn't do that. I don't think there are any other attractions around Eurodisney, but you can find out from the Paris Forum.

IMO outside of USA, Tokyo Disney was the best followed by HK.

Just be very, very careful in Paris; full of pickpockets on the streets as well as on the metro. I got hit on the metro - they are very, very fast; pulled the distraction trick; worked in pairs or more. Best is to keep a noisy plastic bag stuffed over your wallet (for noise and more difficult to pull out) in your pocket. When we got home, every other friend I spoke to seems to have heard of someone's pocket got picked in Paris, Barcelona, Berlin or Rome! From my experience, Australia is a much more safer country to visit :)

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Airlie Beach, Whitsunday Islands
Level Contributor
19,135 posts
190 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: have you been to eurodisney

Thought I'd better add we hadn't done the US when we did Euro, Guru had been without us...but he doesn't like Disney anyway. So our experience was with fresh eyes not "disney"expectations.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
2,005 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: have you been to eurodisney

I don't see how endulging in a little bit of escapisim is a paradox.

If I was taking out a bank loan to fund the trip then I would understand- after all that is exactly the reason why the US economy is in the state it is in. Giving money to peaple who can't afford to pay it back, to buy things that are over priced. If the US government had invested that money into manufacturing that would have been a positive move. Making things you can sell is what creates turn over and drives an economy. Anyway what woud I know. Apparantley I'm part of Generation Y. And according to all the experts it's our fault.

Funny really when you think about it... after all its going to be our generation that pulls us out of this mess.

I am not responsible for the actions of others, only my own.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
12,608 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: have you been to eurodisney

Howzie

To my mind it's a paradox when you criticise a country's culture as you did and then support the very cultural imperialism that has led to the spread of that culture throughout the world.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
2,005 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: have you been to eurodisney

Look out look out the Bolshiviks are rising up. :-)There's Communists under my bed. :-)

I have loved this little repartie Nozzie- and I mean that in all genuine sincerity. :-)

Once again GW I thankyou for your recent response. I look forward to assisting the imperialist march of capitalism by visiting a world of make believe and fairy tails in order to put a smile on my face when visiting Eurodisney

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
2,005 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: have you been to eurodisney

Nozzie I hope you take my remarks above as they were intended- tongue in cheek!

I am now off to put on sackcloth and ashes and wail and bemoan our cricket teams demise on the sub continent. Damm indians... not only do they play great cricket but make fantastic food.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
12,608 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: have you been to eurodisney

Absolutely Howzie. My problem with the world (apart from the crummy cricket and the economic situation) is that people can never seem to be consistent and i just hate inconsistency. However as we used to say in the far away '70's - "whatever turns you on".

But you can be assured that next year when I visit France, Euro Disney will not be on my itinerary. Watching the tour de France and barging down the Loire River will be as will seeing as much of Paris

as possible.

We are actually staying in the Hotel Hospitel right next to Notre Dame. Cant wait!!!!

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
11,508 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: have you been to eurodisney

Haven't been to Euro Disney, but have been to Tokyo Disney Sea (last year with my sister - we were kids for the day again!) and Disneyland (twice, once as an adult and once as a child with the family) in LA.

If you've not experienced a Disney park, definitely go. It really is a place that puts a smile on your face, no matter what your age is. Almost impossible not to have a fun day there. Mum and Dad only went to Disneyland because they had children - and they said it was one of the highlights of the trip for them. I think they'd love to go back.

Ireland
Level Contributor
2,662 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: have you been to eurodisney

I will only answer the original question.

I was in here researching my trip to Perth and S.E.A and thought I might be good to answer this question.

I am in Paris at least 3 times a month and often in Eurodisney for work purposes. I have also visited the park with my Fiancee and later with her Nephew.

Two days is enough and one day is not enough. There are two parks, one being Disneyland itself and the other is Walt Disney Studios. Each needs a day each as a lot of the shows have set times and you cant get to them in the mornings so you will have split the shows.

I stayed at the Radisson Marne Le Vallee(Disney area) and Disney Santa Fe when there on personal time. Its the cheapest Disney hotel but there is a cheaper one Kyriad Marne Le Vallee which still has a park bus going to the door, if a little less frequently.

Obviously the RER train to Paris is at the park entrance but make sure you get on the right track otherwise you could end up in Germany.

There is a big shopping centre nearby with an aquarium for the kids(or you) and there is an outlet centre. BUT as my french colleagues tell me, the reason its not cheap is because its 70% discount off Paris prices to start which is the same price as a normal retail store. Not worth the bother really. If you want shopping go to the Printemps on Haussman Boulevard. If you are driving like I do in Paris they have an underground car park.

Anyway the shopping nearby is called Valle D'Europe and has a big Auchan which has everything from food and electronics(camera stuff you might need) to cheaper gifts instead of Disney prices. They are still real Disney branded clothing. This is my little Disney secret having been to both Disney Paris and Disney Orlando. In Orlando I buy my stuff in K-Mart.

Ask me more questions if you need more.

Im in Paris again next week but not going to be in Marne Le Valle(Disney) but Paris nonetheless.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
2,005 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
20. Re: have you been to eurodisney

Thanks Bertie for your response. I really appreciated that. Now I have a better idea of how to indulge my inner child after I have tasted the culture of Paris.

Thanks again

HP