We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bayswater Car Rental

YS7
Perth
3 posts
Save Topic
Bayswater Car Rental

I rented a car from Bayswater last week, as some relatives came over to perth for a holiday. Before driving the car out i checked the outside of the car, everything was ok so i drove off. When i returned the car a week later i was told that the parcel shelf was missing. I found it hard to believe because i didnt even use the boot. So, as result of the missing parcel shelf i lost my $300 bond which im very very angry about. So i strongly suggest you try another car rental company instead of Bayswater as their pretty dodgy.

Fremantle, Australia
Level Contributor
658 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bayswater Car Rental

Never read or heard of any bad issues with this company at all. But like paint scratches and other anomalies with any car rental I guess the old rule applies - grab your phone or camera and take some inside and outside pictures before you take delivery and get them to note it down before you drive away.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
90,210 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bayswater Car Rental

I have rented from Bayswater a number of times, both in Perth and in Sydney, and have not had any problems.

Did you not notice that the parcel shelf was missing?

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
6,806 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bayswater Car Rental

First post and a negative - shame - not a great start to your contributions to TA. The question is, will we hear from you again?

My OH has rented from Bayswater CR Subiaco depot twice in the last 6 weeks and a friend has also rented in the past week. No problems - could not have been more helpful, friendly or courteous. One incident does not make every Bayswater franchise "dodgy". If you are that upset, take it further with Bayswater.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
90,210 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bayswater Car Rental

YS7: You are obviously making this up. No-one is asked to pay a bond for car rental these days: you give a credit card imprint.

So why are you trying to cause trouble for Bayswater??

Canberra, Australia
Level Contributor
791 posts
657 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bayswater Car Rental

Ease up on YS7, yes a negative first post but Bayswater have their share of critics.

A quick search of the WA Govt Consumer Affairs site shows the following from 2005:

…wa.gov.au/Corporate/Media/archive/media_arc…

When I researched using them around that time I found several posts on discussion sites in a similar vein so it appeared to be a systemic problem. I chose not to use them.

(They've also seem to have been done by DOCEP for false advertising twice)

Surfers Paradise...
Destination Expert
for Gold Coast, Surfers Paradise, Byron Bay
Level Contributor
6,114 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bayswater Car Rental

There just seems to be numerous posts relating to "dodgy" car rentals in WA lately.

Is there really a legitimate problem or is it the posts that are "dodgy"?

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
6,806 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bayswater Car Rental

2005? Surely the fact that there have been minimal ( if any?) official complaints in nearly 4 years would be a more positive way to view this company.

It always sets off a warning light when a first post is having a go at someone/something that perhaps there is more to the poster than meets the eye i.e. disgruntled employee; upset competitor etc etc

I, for one, will continue to recommend Bayswater based on first hand experience, along with Avis, notwithstanding YS7's problem.

YS7
Perth
3 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Bayswater Car Rental

Sorry people i didnt know that negative post wasnt allowed. I wrote this based on what i experienced with Bayswater its up to u guys to believe it or not.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
90,210 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Bayswater Car Rental

YS7: Negative posts are certainly allowed: you will find plenty of them.

But anyone who has visited TA often will be suspicious of a first-and-only post that is highly critical of a hotel or travel company, particularly when the poster's profile contains minimal information (as yours does). Very often they are posted by a competitor or by a disgruntled ex-employee.

Maybe this does not apply to you, but it looks like it.

YS7
Perth
3 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Bayswater Car Rental

If i was a disgruntled employee i think i would complaining about something better than a parcel shelf or $300 and if i was a competitor did my previous post recommend another rental company?