We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Music and food

Which Perth hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
200 posts
52 reviews
Save Topic
Music and food

Hi everyone,

I was wondering if you can recommend any restaurant in Perth where there's live music, but nothing too loud.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Perth, Antarctic Adventures
Level Contributor
14,150 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Music and food

Friends Restaurant at the Hyatt has a dinner and show night regularly. $135 for a 3 course set menu (always top quality) and a nice intimate concert by some great artists.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
200 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Music and food

That sounds good. Thank you!

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Business Travel, New South Wales
Level Contributor
29,948 posts
1,361 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Music and food

Ditto on Friends , its a lovely intimate restaurant (not cheap) but you won't be disappointed as the food and owners are lovely too.

EM.

Perth, Australia
Destination Expert
for Syria, Aleppo, Jordan
Level Contributor
7,452 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Music and food

Roast lamp on spit in outdoor garden at Lesmudie on Sunday avo with live entertainment

Beat that ?

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
200 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Music and food

Sounds like the Friends Restaurant is the place to go! I assume drinks are not included in the price?

What's the volume of the music like? I went to a similar thing someplace else once and it was so loud I left halfway through. I've just had a look at the events page of the Friends Restaurant's website and Ian Moss is performing next month. What do you guys think? Is it going to be LOUD?

Also, if anyone knows about Hank Marvin performing anywhere, do tell. We went to watch Cliff Richard and the Shadows last weekend - that was great! Would love to watch Hank Marvin perform again.

A J
Subiaco, Australia
Destination Expert
for Perth, Margaret River
Level Contributor
2,806 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Music and food

Hank Marvin is heading east for concerts and then on to NZ and South Africa. I dont think you'll be seeing him around Perth for quite a while. Ive had the pleasure of meeting Hank a number of times (business) and hes gotta be one of the nicest guys around, inviting us into his house and even showing my son a few tricks on his guitar once. The concert was great! especially when the Shadows played without Sir Cliff :)

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Perth, Antarctic Adventures
Level Contributor
14,150 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Music and food

With Friends dinner & Show nights you get there around 7pm and they serve the meal from 7.30. Its not rushed. Then the show starts just after desert and the ones I have been too have been easily 90 minute to 2 hours.

Volume is great. During dinner there is ambient background music then they let it rock for the show. There are tables of 8 and only about 10 tables all up so its basically a private show.

Drinks are not included but water and coffee/tea are included. Fantastic wine list!

Mossy is almost sold out so if you want to see him email Friends asap.

friends@iinet.net.au

Hank mostly performs privately at the JW meetings these days - nothing public. He wont be home till long after this tour - I dont think Aus is the final leg from memory. (Oh yes Just noticed AJK mentioned more countries).

And yes the concert (despite Perths shortcomings in bad bad venues) was the usual brilliance ! I felt old tho having been to the 30th anniversary show in London - how can it "already" be the 50th!!! Still going thru the 30 videos and 1500 photos I took on Saturday night !

8. Re: Music and food

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 August 2010, 07:17