We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

South West region of Western Australia

Which Perth hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Melbourne
Level Contributor
51 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic

Hello all!

We're are definitely planning a tour of the region from Perth to (1)Albany,

(2)the Pemberton area

(3) Margaret River

(4) Perth.

Two weeks in total and staying in each area for two-three days.

Some people have advised me not to go in July because the weather is awful. Surely it can't be so bad? What do you suggest?

Also, have you got any good suggestions as to great rentals in the above localities? We are two couples, so will need two bedrooms with queen beds in each.

Any suggestions welcome!

Melbourne
Level Contributor
51 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: South West region of Western Australia

today, 13:19

Hello all!

We're are definitely planning a tour of the region from Perth to (1)Albany,

(2)the Pemberton area

(3) Margaret River

(4) Perth.

Two weeks in total and staying in each area for two-three days.

Some people have advised me not to go in July because the weather is awful. Surely it can't be so bad? What do you suggest?

Also, have you got any good suggestions as to great rentals in the above localities? We are two couples, so will need two bedrooms with queen beds in each.

Any suggestions welcome!

A J
Subiaco, Australia
Destination Expert
for Perth, Margaret River
Level Contributor
2,815 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: South West region of Western Australia

Weather can be unpredicable. Yes, you'll have a high chance of rain but also the sunny mild days we get in winter are perfect for southwest touring. At least in July the rivers and waterfalls should be flowing and the countryside green.....and no flies that are experienced in summer down south!

Re:accommodation - I mostly narrow it down first whether I stay in towns or not. Staying in towns and being central has the advantage that you can explore the townships and head out to dinner on foot. Staying in a bush/rural setting will offer the opportunity of wildlife encounters. Many chalets Ive stayed at throughout MR and Pemberton have regular 'critter' visitors in the evenings. Accommodation with beach views can be quite exhilarating if a winter storm lobs in.

Some wonderful B&Bs down south too

Also consider staying in on site accommodation at a winery (if of interest) Stagger back to the chalet after a wine tasting session :)

Have a browse thru the websites I posted on your other thread. They pretty much cover all the accommodation available. For vacation rentals check out www.stayz.com

A J
Subiaco, Australia
Destination Expert
for Perth, Margaret River
Level Contributor
2,815 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: South West region of Western Australia

Hey Veronica - I just realised youve posted on the Perth, Tasmania forum!!!

Melbourne
Level Contributor
51 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: South West region of Western Australia

AJ I've amended the posting to the correct state! And BELIEVE ME, I DO NOT want to go shark cave diving!!! LOL

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: South West region of Western Australia

Hi Guys

My husband and I would love to escape the drab uk weather next christmas. Whilst we dont want to travel around parts of Australia would love to see some of your country.

We are interested in Perth, based in one hotel based on the beach. We have a 8yr old daughter who loves to travel as do we, but all the travel agents are far to expensive and involve lots of "twin centre" and multi stop overs!!! not what we want. We want to chill and hire a car to explore.

Please, please if anyone has any advice or ideas on where to stay this would be wonderful.

Many thanx

Tracy

South Pacific
Destination Expert
for Hobart, Tasmania
Level Contributor
26,122 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: South West region of Western Australia

This is the Perth, Tasmania forum.

The Perth, Western Australia forum is here: tripadvisor.com.au/ShowForum-g255103-i531-Pe…

Melbourne
Level Contributor
51 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: South West region of Western Australia

Hi Tracy,

I'm still planning our trip to Perth and the South West. I suggest you look up Stayz website. Here you'll find loads of self-catering accommodation - houses and apartments - which are very reasonably priced. That way you don't have to be finding places to eat all the time!

Veronica

Melbourne
Level Contributor
51 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: South West region of Western Australia

Hi again Tracy,

Take note of Luigi's message! There is a Perth in Tasmania so make sure you get on the right forum as he has indicated. I made the same mistake myself!

Cheers Veronica

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: South West region of Western Australia

Thanx Veronica,

Will take a look see what we find.. Good luck with your visit too. Prob be in touch again soon with more questions!!!!

Cheers Tracy x

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: South West region of Western Australia

Wow!!

Just checked out Stayz web sight, it's amazing x

So much choice... Been checking flights too but nothing yet going in Dec 2012 and returning in the new yr 2013?? Do companies limit how far in advance you can book???

Thank you again

Tracy X