We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

best area to stay for a couple of days in perth

Which Perth hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
uk
1 post
Save Topic
best area to stay for a couple of days in perth

Hi there, we are planning a trip to Australia involving a 2 night stay in Perth. We need advice on which area is better to stay in - by King's Park or around the Langley Park area? Any comments very welcome.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Perth, Antarctic Adventures
Level Contributor
14,451 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: best area to stay for a couple of days in perth

They are both in the CBD so I guess it depends on what your actual plans are while you are here. Do you need to be closer to shops or transport or anything ?

Langley Park is just a huge strip of grass used for circus tents or parking. Kings Park is the location of our war memorials and botanical gardens.

I dont really think the two could be compared !

New South Wales...
Destination Expert
for Fiji, New South Wales, Australian Capital Territory
Level Contributor
4,032 posts
245 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: best area to stay for a couple of days in perth

The hotels along Langley Park have views out over the river and it is nice to go for a stroll along the bike path to the marina area for breakfast if you have the time. (Some hotels even hire out bikes)

You can do the same thing from the Kings Park end of town but it depends on where exactly you are located as there are a lot of freeways intersecting around that area and walking is not as easy.

As PP says - it depends on your purpose for visiting as to which location is best.

Colorado
Destination Expert
for Western Australia
Level Contributor
3,405 posts
285 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: best area to stay for a couple of days in perth

South Perth is an option too - just across the river with easy ferry access to the CBD. Well located, but a bit quieter (in terms of traffic noise) and less hectic than staying right in the city (keeping in mind I have no idea where Langley Park is!).

Colorado
Destination Expert
for Western Australia
Level Contributor
3,405 posts
285 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: best area to stay for a couple of days in perth

I take that back. Just looked it up and I know exactly where it is, just didn't recognize the name. Shame on me.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Perth, Antarctic Adventures
Level Contributor
14,451 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: best area to stay for a couple of days in perth

LOL Mel - dont worry - its rarely used as an actual name except when someone is referring to parking being available there during events. Its not used as a "location" as such.

A J
Subiaco, Australia
Destination Expert
for Perth, Margaret River
Level Contributor
2,821 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: best area to stay for a couple of days in perth

Not quite a true blue Perthite yet Mel ;-)

Colorado
Destination Expert
for Western Australia
Level Contributor
3,405 posts
285 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: best area to stay for a couple of days in perth

I'm afraid I'll never even be close AJ. This city confuses me like no other.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
328 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: best area to stay for a couple of days in perth

We do that, confuse people, deliberately just to keep our wonderful city to ourselves.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
6,698 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: best area to stay for a couple of days in perth

^#6

Did someone mention my name?

:-)

10. Re: best area to stay for a couple of days in perth

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 February 2013, 10:27