We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Perth and Margaret River

Australia
Level Contributor
169 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Perth and Margaret River

Hello, hoping for some advice on our trip to Perth mid Feb!!

Last minute opportunity sees my hubby and I heading West in a few weeks and we have nothing planned/booked....HELP

We are thinking we would like to spend 4 nights in Perth and 3 nights in the Margaret River Region.

Q1. Perth accomodation, we wont have a car so am looking for suggestions , convenient to public transport. We plan to Bike Ride the Swan River area (believe we can hire bikes) + possibly Swan River Cruise, Visiit Kings Park, Day trip to Rottnest Island and Spend a day in Freemantle. So accomodation that we can either use public transport to access or we dont mind short to medium walks to. Would also like to be in an area that we can easily go out for meals in the evening in nice vibey areas. Budget around 150 per night can/will go up if needed

Q2 We are going to hire a car and head to the Margaret River region. We are not huge wine buffs but will enjoy visiting a few wineries, enjoying great food, art galleries and the coastline/bush scenery etc. We are thinking we just need some central accomodation, Yallingup possibly in the cabins? We are thinking cabin or apartment type accomodation near the beach so we can enjoy the sunsets (we are not sit on the beach people) just more want the ambience of being near the sea . Again access to resteraunts etc would be great for the evening.

Hope I have covered what you need to give us some ideas.

Thanks in advance

T

2 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: Perth and Margaret River

Hi, we been there 5 years ago. Nice place and some of the places must go around Perth is Fremantle, if timing ok, visit the Fremantle market. Yes, i recommend to spend more days out of Perth, such as MR or even up to Albany. It's easy to drive there.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Perth, Antarctic Adventures
Level Contributor
14,986 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Perth and Margaret River

Yes and that is generally the advice most people would give about many areas in many cities. After midnight can be feral when the drunks leave the clubs. But normal people generally out at that hour wandering around - so before then it's perfectly safe. And as I have said in quite a few posts - if I go to an after work function I do walk home alone around 10 or 11 and am always perfectly safe.

It's not a matter of passion - its simply ensuring correct information is out there.

In the same way that most people who say "don't stay in the CBD as its dead there after 5" generally haven't been in the city in the evenings in the past 5 years when there have been major changes and improvements and low and behold some areas there now have an actual vibe!!

13. Re: Perth and Margaret River

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 April 2013, 10:27