We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Albany Easter Weekend

Perth, Australia
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Albany Easter Weekend

Hi, my friend and I were in Albany about 2 years ago over the Easter long Weekend and while there we went and watched Speedway over 2 nights. I think it was some kind of National Championship (possibly) I could be wrong.

Can someone please tell me if this is an annual event and is on again this year (2012) over the Easter Weekend?

Thanks

A J
Subiaco, Australia
Destination Expert
for Perth, Margaret River
Level Contributor
2,894 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Albany Easter Weekend

Was it the Albany Classic?

http://www.albanyclassic.com/

Perth, Australia
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Albany Easter Weekend

No, I dont think so it was out at the race track, not in town and im pretty sure it was either super sedans or sprint cars racing!

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
17 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Albany Easter Weekend

The Albany Speedway usually has a race meet over the Easter weekend. I'm not sure what their schedule is this year, but you can find out more at:

www.albanyspeedway.com.au

rural West Aussie
Destination Expert
for Perth
Level Contributor
23,021 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Albany Easter Weekend

If you're planning to go I'd book ASAP as I would think Albany will get booked out with both people wanting to attend the speedway and school holidaymakers.

albany
Level Contributor
33 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Albany Easter Weekend

The Bill Gibbings Memorial for Super Sedans is the race you are thinking of.

It is held every year over the Easter weekend.

This year is the 7th and 8th April (Saturday and Sunday)

Bookings in Albany are already filling up, so i suggest you book your accommodation asap

Julie

6. Re: Albany Easter Weekend

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 May 2013, 10:22