We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Perth Tram Company tours suspended

A J
Subiaco, Australia
Destination Expert
for Perth, Margaret River
Level Contributor
2,842 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Perth Tram Company tours suspended

The hop-on hop-off tram tours of Kings Park and the City have been suspended until further notice, blaming a struggling tourism sector and not enough bums on seats. The company will instead focus on private tours and charters.

The only alternative Im aware of is the "city sight seeing bus"

http://www.citysightseeingperth.com/

Kandu Holidays
Sightseeing Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours
Adams Pinnacle Tours
Sightseeing Tours, Cultural Tours, Multi-day Tours, Day Trips, Nature & Wildlife Tours
Indigenous Tours WA
Sightseeing Tours, Cultural Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Private Tours
Wild West Charters
Sightseeing Tours, Boat Tours
rural West Aussie
Destination Expert
for Perth
Level Contributor
21,787 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Perth Tram Company tours suspended

Oh, that's a pity...

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
4,965 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Perth Tram Company tours suspended

I read somewhere the other day where tourism is down ... and yet we have the best and cleanest city in the country ...

Friends on the east coast always ask "when are you coming back" and I tell them, they have to come over and see us first ... we have the best of everything .. and no rain. Altho that's a pity as we do need it... just like we need the tourists.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Perth, Antarctic Adventures
Level Contributor
14,820 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Perth Tram Company tours suspended

They are owned by the same company. I have often wondered how they make a living. I see the buses driving past all the time and usually a whopping 3 people in them.

Perth
Level Contributor
457 posts
273 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Perth Tram Company tours suspended

Maybe they could drop their prices a bit then they would get more people even locals might go on them

5. Re: Perth Tram Company tours suspended

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 June 2013, 08:16