We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fruit Orchards in Perth now closed to Public, is this true?

Singapore, Singapore
6 posts
Save Topic
Fruit Orchards in Perth now closed to Public, is this true?

Hi All

I heard Fruit Orchards are now closed to Public, may I confirm that this is true? If there is any good ones that are still open, can let me know which are the ones? Thanks!

rural West Aussie
Destination Expert
for Perth
Level Contributor
21,208 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Fruit Orchards in Perth now closed to Public, is this true?

Spring Valley Orchards near Donnybrook are still open according to their website, but only when they have ripe fruit to pick, so it depends very much on when you are planning to visit.

A J
Subiaco, Australia
Destination Expert
for Perth, Margaret River
Level Contributor
2,826 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Fruit Orchards in Perth now closed to Public, is this true?

Government website with all you need to know about fruit picking in Australia:

jobsearch.gov.au/harvesttrail/default.aspx

Download the Harvest Guide .pdf link on the site and scroll down to Western Australia (page 117). All harvest times and fruit types are listed.

Freecall number is listed for further enquiries on casual fruitpicking opportunities.

rural West Aussie
Destination Expert
for Perth
Level Contributor
21,208 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Fruit Orchards in Perth now closed to Public, is this true?

AJ, I suspect the OP means fruit picking as a tourism activity (possibly with children) and not as a job.

A J
Subiaco, Australia
Destination Expert
for Perth, Margaret River
Level Contributor
2,826 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Fruit Orchards in Perth now closed to Public, is this true?

ahh yep. OK.. well the website has info that OP may still find useful...maybe :-)

5. Re: Fruit Orchards in Perth now closed to Public, is this true?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 June 2013, 01:15