We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Classic Escapes Redemption Prize

Perth, Australia
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Classic Escapes Redemption Prize

Went to presentation just for prize. Received 7 day accommodation in Bali or Pattaya. Interested in Pattaya and wondering if any one else has done this one and if the accommodation is OK?

Penrith, Australia
Level Contributor
2 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Classic Escapes Redemption Prize

Can you advise where the link is for that! And why did the "community" delete it?

Penrith, Australia
Level Contributor
2 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: Classic Escapes Redemption Prize

They are a timeshare organisation it states this in their product disclosure statement - section A.

Give them a wide berth - Ask out about the associated costs !!

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: Classic Escapes Redemption Prize

I also "won" a holiday which I have tried to redeem. Unfortunately the only options in Aust are northern NSW or Queensland. What about other states, I do not want to fly to have a free($199) holiday, and some are only midweek options. What a joke!! Don't go near their presentation night unless of course you've paid the $40 and need to get that back, then run.

Also when we seemed slightly interested in signing up at the presentation suddenly their offer was reduced, not just once but 3 times. Eventually the offer was under half, I wonder what others who signed up on the night paid.

This is not a free holiday!!

Wallacia, Australia
1 post
Save Reply
24. Re: Classic Escapes Redemption Prize

Steer well clear, this company is unethical. Also I checked out the accommodation through Agoda & you can get them for between $20-$30 a night so paying $199 is just a rip off.

1 post
Save Reply
25. Re: Classic Escapes Redemption Prize

Hi all,

Just to share a little bit of our experience with classic escape.

We "won" the price from the HIA home show last week. Sure enough, we were so excited about the prize because we will be getting married in few months time with no plan for honey moon yet. We told our family and friends about it just to stage the embarrassment for ourselves.

Two days ago we went for the brain washing session. They reiterate that we have no obligation to purchase membership. They told us about hotels that we could purchase with points $0.031/point. And you don't have to worry about any hotels but just to nominate a size of room you want for 7 days. Anywhere in Aus, and anywhere in the world.

After they present the fact that how much could we be spending together if we are to travel once every year. 7 days each time, we will incur a big 200k figure by the time we reach our 65 years old (we are both 30) with inflation of 4%, they get us over another side of the room about their websites. The sales told us all the hotels they have is 4-5 stars. We are from Hong Kong and Taiwan so we ask the sales person to show those rate. One hotel came up in the middle of nowhere in Taipie and none for hong kong. Then they said, we can call on your behalf and you can book hotel using your points. No extra charge. Then the sales person pull out a case story about a couple booking MGM hotel in Las Vagus for 9500 points for 7 nights. All good story of course.

It was already 10:30 when they sell the package to us. Starting from:

$21990 for life time package - 74 years validity really. Transferrable

30 years

20 years

on a piece of paper. $500 for setup. 249 fee on top for yearly fee. waive for 1st three years so you will be engaged with upgrade again.

Then we say no, and they come up with a 10 year package before we go. That will set us back $8000

There are few other side stories of mis communication, apply technique on sales and inducing and justifying your need for a holiday and this perk blah blah blah. To some people they might feel it is a scam. BUT it is NOT i can tell you. Remember this is your responsibility (and mine) to listen to those risk that they make it sound small but big implications. When we sign the paper, 11.49% interest applies to the lump sum payable within 7 years. Making it 39.95 per week.

We did sign up because by the time we finished its already 23:00. We just head home with our signature on paper. Next day, I call the ops person back to exercise the cooling off period.

Let me just recap for you. This membership would work very well for those who travel with a bigger group. Or, frequent traveller within Oz. Here they are:

- This is a financial product. Meaning, your credit rating will be checked and your borrowing power will drop

- It is an investment. But it is intengible asset. 11.49% interest its not the best deal in town

- Setup fee, they will reduce 200 of the 500. But you still pay up front.

- The hotels... they are not hotels really. Motel and service apartment is more like it. And no, they are not 5 stars hotel. We check the website and is 3-4. Some hotels are in the middle of no where. Or, close to red light district.

- The prize we "won", i would rather spend my quality holiday with higher price than to risk my holiday time for something i don't even know about.

- If you have signed up, there are 7 calender days cooling off as per consumer act.

They are ok people. So no need to get agitated. just follow the process and know what you are signing and you will be fine.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
20 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
26. Re: Classic Escapes Redemption Prize

I understand Classic Holidays have a bad reputation and are franchises? Our experience is twofold:

Expeirience 1 - Gold Coast Dodginess"

July 2013 - First family holiday in 6 yrs, from country WA to Gold Coast - at a theme park, we are given the spiel ('winning' ticket, $40 deposit, went to 2 hr presentation, very expensive timeshare options with very expensive interest rates for finance 18%). After explaining that we were not in a position to commit, as hubby had a new job, we were pretty quickly ushered out... Big mistake. We told them we might be interested down the track. That was too bad, they could only give each family such an amazing offer once! They had all our details, however were never, ever contacted again - not sure why! We took the prize card of a week's holiday with the $199 cleaning/admin fee & walked away (sadly no i-pad for us). 6mths later when planning for another holiday, we remembered the card. Activated the card and saw our options. The options for the 'prize' were limited: Thailand (Pattaya is not very savoury) and Gold Coast didn't interest us again (those prices were more than $199 for 7 nights). Decided to look at Bali, we'd never been: Chose a place in Seminyak and started emailing back and forth with people in Bali, not Australia. They were helpful and we thought, "what the heck, give it a go". We were aware of all the conditions of another 1 hour presentation, and thought we could cope with that for a bit of a cheap deal on accom.

Experience 2 - Geniune Bali friendliness

May 2014 - Well, what a difference. We were contacted by phone the week before by Michael in Bali. We had booked the Cattleya Condotel by Marbella in Seminyak and paid a $100 upgrade ($299 total) for a 1 BR pool suite. Michael offered to pick us up from airport, but we had booked elsewhere for a night: He STILL offered to pick us up, drop at OTHER hotel, then come back for us the next day! Whoa, huge service offer there. We declined, our flights were too late at night. When we arrived at Cattleya all was well, we were phoned by Michael and the lovely Sakthu and they offered any help they could with our stay. All good. When we were picked up by Michael for our 1 hour presentation a few days later, he explained the franchise bit and without bagging the Gold Coast operations, he showed a lot of honesty regarding their product. The price. Was less than HALF the price of in AUSTRALIA!!! What?! Yes!! Also, they offered an interest free payment option, and were very helpful with informing us of all the 'hidden' costs & conditions in the contract. We were very tempted and decided to make our decision upon returning to Australia. That was fine, no probs at all for Michael. He had nothing to lose, anything he could gain for his business was a bonus for him, so he was very helpful and friendly for the remainder of our trip. We also had the use of their driver for the remainder of the day, and Sakthu helped us in so many other ways (with our mobile phone troubles, other tour ideas, and more transport). Just good business really, the extra customer service and follow up is what sealed the deal for Classic Holidays Bali (along with the price, obviously), not Classic Holidays Gold Coast. Some other Aussie guests in the hotel also were there for the same thing and did not purchase, however what did they lose? Nothing. They had a lovely holiday for $200 at a greatl place in Seminyak. Seriously, just take a chance, people, you have nothing to lose. Anyone can say no at anytime. We are very happy and would recommend to anyone. Where can you go for $200 a week? (By the way, that also included breakfast). Thanks Classic Holidays BALI. Gold Coast, could you learn anything here?

Melbourne...
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Reply
27. Re: Classic Escapes Redemption Prize

We have received the 7 night accommodation for one of the resorts in Australia and Bali or Indonesia. I'm very suspicious of the Bali and Indonesian accommodation as Classic don't show photos or give descriptions of their resorts. So we are considering using it in Australia, the gold coast as the resorts are advertised as 4 star. We've stayed in this type of accommodation before and it's of good quality as these are their timeshares.

1 post
Save Reply
28. Re: Classic Escapes Redemption Prize

I have also won this holiday by a scratchie but im having trouble booking it. did u have trouble with this

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Melbourne, Victoria, Road Trips
Level Contributor
4,590 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
29. Re: Classic Escapes Redemption Prize

Have you read all the replies Julia????

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Perth, Antarctic Adventures
Level Contributor
15,762 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
30. Re: Classic Escapes Redemption Prize

One imagines if they can't be bothered reading the posts here then they also won't be bothered by the T&Cs of their "prize".